1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why 97% of people fail in IM

Discussion in 'General Business' started by seotube, Jun 10, 2013.

I have seen a lot of people involved in IM who claim that they haven't made even a cent from it. I think that their mystake is that they do not just focus in one strategy until they make the first dollar. They test multiple strategies and they draw conclusions in after 2 days of testing. I think that focusing is the way to succeess. What do you think?

seotube, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  2. dship70

dship70 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with you. Bouncing from one project to the next because you're discouraged after a very short time won't lead to success. The question though is how long should one focus on their business before they move on, like when do you know if the business is failing. If it's not profitable after 6-months? A year? Anyone know?

dship70, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  3. Thriftypreneur

Thriftypreneur Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, it really boggles my mind how people fail to make any money in IM. You have sites out there, similar to my own or better, that pretty much provide all the information you need.

If I had to pick one reason why most people fail in internet marketing, it would be because they don't follow through. They may put up a site, throw up some content, and then, when they aren't getting traffic, they give up. And, instead of selling the site they've built, they just cancel everything and quit.

The barrier to entry on internet marketing is getting higher everyday.

At one point, you could make a site and instantly get traffic overnight and start making money. Then, Google comes along makes the process even easier. You could register an exact match domain and be #1 overnight with a really crappy site.

Fast forward to today, and you have extremely experienced marketers competing for keywords generating only 4,000 searches per month! And they aren't throwing up crappy sites from 1998, they're building real, value-packed resources that are designed to dominate that niche.

What people don't understand is, the longer they wait and the more times they give up without following through, the harder it will be the next time they try. If people would say, "Ok, I'll reevaluate my site and my business plan after it is receiving 100 unique visitors a day," put blinders on, and just charge forward until that goal is met, they would find that moderate success is not that out of reach.

Good luck all.

Thriftypreneur, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  4. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:

All you're really pointing out is increased competition. But quality will still stand out.

I think that the first thing someone needs to do is understand their business model... how does it make money, who does it depend on, what factors go into making it successful, what is the market, how do you reach that market... and so on...

A lot of people never really think it through.

For example, I once had a nice part-time income ... that would put about $1,000 a month in my pocket... and then Ebay changed the rules.

Suddenly - I had $0 income.

Classic case of dependence on someone else...

Learned my lesson...

Khadaji, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  5. Thriftypreneur

Thriftypreneur Member

Best Answers:
    No, not really. Quality is a barrier to entry. In this day and age, a simple wordpress site with a crappy logo isn't going to be good enough to turn decent profits like it did 10 years ago, or even 5 years ago. Obviously there are exceptions to this (some crappy sites can and do still rank and generate profit), but in general, even for seemingly low competition keywords, the barrier to entry has been raised because the average site builder out there is much more skilled than they were years ago.

I remember it was only a few years ago when Authority Sites (the internet marketer's version, that consisted of 50ish pages of content aiming to beat out thin affiliate sites in the rankings) was something built fairly rarely. It was simply too easy to just throw up a thin affiliate site on an exact match domain and watch the cash start rolling in.

Now, everyone builds bigger, higher quality authority sites because the thin affiliate sites aren't bringing in the cash like they used to. Where you once could throw up a site with 5-10 pages of content and do well, you're now seeing people throwing up sites with 50-100 pages of high-quality content for the same keywords, traffic, etc. Thus, raising the barrier to entry.

I wonder what it will look like in 10 more years.

Thriftypreneur, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  6. naruponk

naruponk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Success point is every close to Failure point. Most people stop at Failure point instead of go to the next point which is Success point

naruponk, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  7. believersboard

believersboard Member

Best Answers:
    To me, one major reason why most im fail is lack of focus. Trying to start too many online venture at a time can lead to mass failure.

believersboard, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  8. Mohit Mathur

Mohit Mathur Member

Best Answers:
    IM is a patient business and it is getting difficult every day to establish yourself as a new marketer. The patience and to move in a planned and aggressive way leads to success. There is no E=Mc2 formula to find the exact required to succeed. It completely depends on dedication focus and the passion towards your job in hand.

Mohit Mathur, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  9. HomeDesigner

HomeDesigner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's not the only reason, though it's 80% the main reason, most of these people who fail this way are newbies trying to make their way in the IM, I would also add the fact that they want to see the revenue fast and easy, which is not, along with the fact that they are not well educated about Marketing in general.

HomeDesigner, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  10. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:
    All you're really pointing out is increased competition. But quality will still stand out.

I'm guessing you meant that "Poor quality is a barrier to entry"

I stand by what I said... quality sites will still stand out - indeed, their the only ones that have the chance to become an 'authority' site in Google's eyes.

Provide good information - unique information - and do it better than any other website, and you'll succeed... as long as you focus on the reader, and not try to game Google.

Khadaji, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  11. Carl Mason

Carl Mason Active Member

Best Answers:
    ;) Couldn't of said it any better myself

Carl Mason, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  12. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are many reasons why people fail in IM... They don't have good plan, they are not informed good and they don't want to invest are my top 3 reasons why people don't succeed in this business..

VukasinI, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  13. Eugene_K.

Eugene_K. Member

Best Answers:
    Well said.
    And to be honest, it's not people's fault that they expect to earn six figures overnight. Just look around - there are tons of articles and threads "top #10 easy and fast ways to earn"

The truth is - by getting into internet marketing people have to expect work hard, since it's basically their own business.

There was a great article on blackhatworld on this topic:
    http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackh...l-always-fail-no-matter-how-hard-you-try.html

Don't own anything from this post. All credits goes to peter2002.
    Just sharing nice article. ;)

Eugene_K., Jun 11, 2013 IP
  14. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    One of the many reasons people fail in this business is because they think that by pressing a few buttons on the computer keyboard; money is going to come their way right away.

What many newbies do not know about this business is that it takes a lot time, focus, patience, and determination to make an online income.

This business is like any other business. It takes time to build it up from the ground up.

Gianni Palazzo, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  15. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Totally agree! Would "like" this comment if i could! :)
    And many also give up because they keep procrastinating.
    "To do list:
    I need to write an article today
    but when they are back from work, many tell themselves, nah too tired, i'll do it tmr and tmr will be another tmr....tmr....tmr....."

Howard Lim, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  16. Mark Berger

Mark Berger Member

Best Answers:
    99% of the people fail because they don't lie. those who make money are those who show you how to do something but 99% of the times they lie. If you want to succeed in IM industry you have to learn how to lie properly. That's the sad truth. the other way is having your own product and leverage your affiliates to make sales on your behalf. Of course people try and give up soon because it requires hard work, not just copy and paste systems marketers show you. You copy and paste the systems and you fail, this is another problem because you think YOU are doomed to fail and you are not good enough to market yourself. the reality is these systems never works because you didn't understand how to properly do that and how to use psychology to attract sales. Before you start thinking about this you have to find the right mentor (not just those who lie and show you big fake numbers) and start following them. All the best

Mark Berger, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  17. Tom Green

Tom Green Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's because instead of acting, they make up statistics about how many people fail in IM.:)

Tom Green, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  18. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:

I would defy you to produce even the smallest single lie from my website or product, "List Lightning". While there is certainly hyperbole in many sales pages - outright lies are quite rare indeed.

Your opinion is undoubtedly driven by a failure to succeed at many MMO methods you've purchased... it's easier to believe that you're being lied to that to accept the fact that this is WORK - and you have to devote time, money, and resources to succeed. Most people fail in earning money online because they are unwilling to do what is necessary to succeed - and no, 'lying' is not a requirement - indeed, it would certainly lead to your failure.

I know... I KNOW that many, if not most of the people who join my list, and perhaps even purchase my List Lightning manual will fail to make money... BUT NOT BECAUSE THEY AREN'T BEING TOLD THE TRUTH. They're going to fail because they aren't willing to actually spend an hour a day working on this method. And there's nothing I can do about that. I can only give you the best information I know to develop a list building business - and then let you do what you want with it.

Lying would only lead to massive refund requests. How can any Internet Marketer - the large majority of whom offer 30 or 60 day money back guarantees, survive by lying? They would be refunded to death...

Khadaji, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  19. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:

One of the most revealing webpages on that topic is here:

http://www.empowernetwork.com/income.php?id=carldavies11

You'll learn a lot by studying those figures... it shows a solid 75% of those who buy into Empower pretty much fail. And less than 1% who actually replace their full-time job with online earnings...

Only 7% make enough to make a difference in their lives (the common wisdom is that just $500 more each month would make a noticeable difference).

Khadaji, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  20. Mark Berger

Mark Berger Member

Best Answers:
    there are methods that work, i have used a lot of them and i test on a daily basis. All i can say is the majority of the "get rich quick" schemes are fake. the main question is how a user can find the right one for him to start. I didn't check your product, but list building is something you can do much more easier and doesn't involve complex or fake systems (or almost), that's why what you are teaching is probably working and good enough for the average user to start with. All the best

Mark Berger, Jun 12, 2013 IP