1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am making a kickstarter campaign

Discussion in 'General Business' started by virtanon, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Daniel Carso

Daniel Carso Member

Best Answers:

Yup. We'll generate some buzz that's for sure :) People needs to understand that start-ups or entrepreneurs move faster and better working together, not competing. That's a fundamental right there.

Daniel Carso, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  2. Tgross

Tgross Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys we've officially launched on Kickstarter!
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/241063518/disgruntled-pheasants

Take a look and let us know what you think. This is our first campaign so we appreciate any feedback:)

Tgross, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  3. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    I liked your promotional method which you are calling as campaign..

It is really good idea to create profiles on all top social sites and forums, this way you can secure your user name too, it would help in building brand name as well.

SERPpoint, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  4. virtanon

virtanon Peon

Best Answers:

This is some really helpful information. Thanks a lot, we will try to make the campaign fit to this the best we can.

We are trying to spread the word. It is our first campaign on kickstarter.
    I created a lot of social profiles, I will be generating lots of traffic to them shortly.
    Also the kickstarter has been launched. The link is http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/241063518/disgruntled-pheasants
    It was launched today :)

Let us know if you think we should change anything!

virtanon, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  5. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A friendly thought - your Kickstarter page doesn't "tell a good story". Go to the websites of popular mobile games like Angry Birds and see how they tell a story, that draws you in, so you want to be involved and get the game.

Out of curiosity, can you tell me what program you used to create your video, especially the opening animation?

Corwin, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  6. virtanon

virtanon Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I guess that's true we will see if we can add a story.
    The software is called videoscribe desktop. Its pretty cool :)

virtanon, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  7. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I'm not a fan of subscription-based software. I've been burned too many times.

Corwin, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  8. virtanon

virtanon Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah i feel you haha, i only used the 7 day trial or whatever. ^^

9. jdesalvo

jdesalvo Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck. It looks like a lot of fun. I did a Kickstarter campaign years ago for my first book. It's a great site for creating some buzz. Have you also tried Indiegogo.com?

jdesalvo, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  10. virtanon

virtanon Peon

Best Answers:

Thanks, Yeah we will see how it goes. I chose kickstarter because kick starter has a better alexa ranking and is visited more often than indiegogo.com.

however, indiegogo is pretty cool and i played with one campaign before.

11. luklesin

luklesin Member

Best Answers:

Congrats on getting 306$ pledged :) But your idea is little bit out of the box, it is not a bad thing usually but I think that when people buy board games, they are looking for something to do indoor and to spend time together. This maybe a huge success or huge disappoinment, I wish you you will succeed :)

luklesin, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  12. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if you want my opinion... you need to change your name, and should be 5 letters or less. Look at "angry" ( 5 letters) "birds" (5 letters)

the name "disgruntled pheasants", its too long... the only abbreviation i can think of is "DP" (which would be interesting to have kids tell their grandparents they spent the afternoon playing DP in the backyard)

Best name i can think of without overexerting myself is "cranky gramps" (but again, cranky is 6 letters and is too long) But i think you would have better success with "cranky gramps" (and having little angry grampas) rather then "disgruntled pheasants". Either way, I think you should put some effort into the name before you start.

Additionally, there are already these types of games in Australian shops, and I have one at home. (yes it is the angry birds version) but ours is small, can be played indoors (perfect for rainy days), fits back into a small box that it came from -> additionally, with our kids, they can use their angry bird set, and build more levels using things such as lego (and i think even straws at one time)

I dont mean to be negative. I think its great to see people working on new projects and i wish you the best of luck.

matt_62, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  13. .hawaii

.hawaii Member

Best Answers:
    My advice for kickstarters is to get a following before you launch the kickstarter.

.hawaii, Jun 17, 2013 IP