1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

question about my site domain

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ubatr, Jun 23, 2013.

It's been a while since I've even messed with the site, but I want to sell it... one site says it's worth 3k which it great, but tried flippa and all I came back with was negative 50 bucks... I don't care to keep the site anymore it just cost me money... i use the same hosting for other domains so I'm not out on hosting costs.

But the issue here is that this domain was purchased by my dad from a "we'll build you a site" place ... and rank you high. They didn't really do anything except add a wordpress site - I'm not happy with them but I don't care I just want to get our money back... I think it was 200 plus 200 or so more just to join some uneventful program.

Not asking anyone to buy the site, just asking if you have suggestions on how to find out the worth of it. A free source would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    UBATR

ubatr, Jun 23, 2013 IP
  2. Domain.gs

Domain.gs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What`s the domain/site name?

Domain.gs, Jun 23, 2013 IP
  3. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    My suggestion is just close it, money can be made else where. Instead of waiting for a buyer with may cost you time, effort and stress, i would suggest you to close it down now. It will make you feel so much more relieved.

Howard Lim, Jun 23, 2013 IP
  4. fare

fare Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There isn't a site that can tell you the exact value of your website, many of those appraisal website you see gives inaccurate information (exaggerated value - too low or too high). A website will have different value to different people and that's due to many factors. However you can use those tools to make an estimation, the cost of building the website, popularity of it, and then sell it when you think the price is right.

P.S: May I know the URL of your website and the name of the "we will build you a site" place.

fare, Jun 23, 2013 IP
  5. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:
    If the site isn't earning any money - it's not worth anything more than what someone is willing to give you on speculation alone.

I picked up a domain and paid a little extra for it simply because it was an old domain (1996, if I remember right), but unless a domain is actually earning money, it's worth only what someone is willing to pay for it.

Forget all the 'website appraisal' sites - they're meaningless.

You might be able to sell it to someone in the same niche. Without knowing the domain name, it's hard to be more specific than that.

Khadaji, Jun 24, 2013 IP
  6. ubatr

ubatr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    sorry for the late reply. I keep wanting to check for replies but haven't had a chance. stupidmovieblog .com which apparently has a java script error again. so don't open it.

site's stupidmovieblog .com But i just checked it and i thas a java script error pop up on AVG so don't open it... their company was typeforEarnings

site's stupidmovieblog .com But i just checked it and i thas a java script error pop up on AVG so don't open it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2013
    ubatr, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  7. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most sites sell for about TWICE their monthly earnings. If the website runs on a valuable script that can also be added to the sale price. But since your website sounds like its running on a free blog script the only value is in the earnings.

gregdavidson, Jul 11, 2013 IP