1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best freelance writing site

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Mashal Saleem, Jun 27, 2013.

Hey everyone,
    A few days ago I posted about how odesk's quality was really going down, and asked for some good alternatives.
    Most answers were:
    Elance
    Freelancer

Problem with Elance:
    I actually do have a profile on Elance. I randomly go on Elance and apply to various jobs. Have gotten many interviews, but it doesn't really go further. It's like the client just vanishes! Doesn't hire anybody at all and the project is left open. I don't know if I'm just having bad luck or I'm applying to the wrong jobs.

Problem with Freelancer:
    The ridiculous fees, man. I have to pay to take an exam to prove my English skill? I can't even apply to a job without taking an exam. I generally don't prefer Freelancer because of its layout and functionality.

Can someone give me advice me on how to establish myself on any one of the above sites, or recommend me a new site? I'm in need of work these days so any tip or trick you can provide would be much appreciated!

Mashal Saleem, Jun 27, 2013 IP
  2. athlon24

athlon24 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I believe you can apply in iwriter if writing is what you do. In can write well and you can follow instructions well, you articles won't be rejected I suppose. You can start as a basic writer, then go up as you write more stuff. The good thing with iwriter is that you will get the writing job for yourself, write it in more or less 3 hours and after that, it is now up to the requester if your article will be accepted. Just go to their site and check how things work for them.

athlon24, Jun 27, 2013 IP
  3. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    Forums would also work for this purpose, what you need to do is to look for works in service sections..

SERPpoint, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  4. Mashal Saleem

Mashal Saleem Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I do have an account on Iwriter, but it seems like a drag to start all over again and at lower prices.

I thought to sell services here, you need to have 3 likes. How am I supposed to get those?

Mashal Saleem, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  5. cashyourfiles

cashyourfiles Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think freelancer is the best

cashyourfiles, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  6. Endless Rain

Endless Rain Member

Best Answers:
    You can get likes by actually providing good information to our fellow DP members here. There are other forum marketplace that you can post into. For me oDesk works as fine as before but not for writers, I agree how the quality is decreasing each day. It's funny how they consider $1/ hour a payment for freelancers.

Endless Rain, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  7. Mashal Saleem

Mashal Saleem Greenhorn

Best Answers:

I'm not really convinced by Freelancer. I can't even get a job without taking their English exam. I would be fine with it if it was free, but freelancer just seems like money making site where the only person making money are the owners.
    A client once requested me to work on freelancer. I made an account and he hired me. I got charged 10% for accepting that project. However, as we discussed the details, I found the project to be priced too low for me, and we decided to end the contract. However, my account is still in the negative value. Whenever I'll get money, I'll have to pay $5.
    Odesk does have a 10% fee but that only gets charged when an actual payment takes place. Overall: Freelancer would not be my first choice. If there is a way around the fees structure, I would love to hear about it.

Exactly! I have seen clients charging $0.1 per hour! What's making matters worse is the fact that contractors are actually accepting jobs at such low prices. It's getting harder and harder to find good clients.

Mashal Saleem, Jun 28, 2013 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  8. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't know Odesk only charges a fee after payment is made. That's good news. I'm not sure how anyone could get away with charging only $.10 per hour. Even in India they get at least $2.00 USD per hour (whatever is the equivalent to that in their currency).

Alyssa Lochmore, Jun 28, 2013 IP