1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My scripts don't sell anymore :(

Discussion in 'General Business' started by nekowai, Jul 3, 2013.

I have a gallery and a shopping cart script, it's been ages since they made a sell.
    Don't people buy scripts anymore? :confused:

nekowai, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  2. biftek

biftek Active Member

Best Answers:
    what are you doing in terms of marketing , what sets your shopping cart apart from the competition?

biftek, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  3. nekowai

nekowai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have money for advertising, I always did free advertising (put links here and there) but that's pretty irrelevant.
    What sets my cart from the competition? I guess it's more what separates the others from mine (they're popular, rich, with extensive communities, support and so on) :p

nekowai, Jul 3, 2013 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  4. scottlpool2003

scottlpool2003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So why not make an upgrade to a new version? Offer support? Advertise it with AdWords? Create a Wordpress version?

scottlpool2003, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  5. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if you dont have money for advertising, then what about offering some sort of affiliate commission?

matt_62, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  6. mikefilasaime

mikefilasaime Active Member

Best Answers:
    People do buy such scripts and they will keep selling in future as well however, everyday market is coming with new scripts which are easier to install and have greater functionality & few are even one click installation scripts.

Here are few things you can do:

1) You can sell it on digital forum, freelancer marketplace, ebay etc

2) Build a site for yourself to promote your scripts.

3) Create sites using your script and sell them in the market. Since the script is yours you can create n numbers of websites and sell they at your desired amount. (any people prefer to buy such sites.)

mikefilasaime, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  7. ArticleForce

ArticleForce Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, scripts are sold frequently on a daily basis. They are certainly not an 'out-of-style' product.

How are you differentiating yourself from the mass amount of scripts that already exist on the market? Why should people buy yours instead of others? Do you have a unique selling proposition?

And how strong are your marketing efforts? What are you doing to get the word of your product(s) out there? Do you have a nicely-designed website with powerful, convincing web copy? If not, I suggest looking into getting one created. It'd be a very good investment.

In addition, consider opting for an affiliate-based approach where you allow others to sell your scripts, and, in return, you'd offer them a commission for every sale they make.

ArticleForce, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  8. giorgioarmani

giorgioarmani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried code canyon?

giorgioarmani, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  9. nekowai

Best Answers:
    It seems people don't need this kind of things anymore so I rather not lose my precious time on it, what kind of new scripts/plugins should I put my effort into?

nekowai, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  10. biftek

biftek Active Member

Best Answers:
    if that is the atitude that you have toward business you will never get anywhere ,
    you need to turn your weakness into a strength

ok lets look at this , you say you don't have money for advertising ? why not ? as someone above suggested set up an affiliate system , someone getting commision for selling your scritp

if you have no money for advertising the next project you move onto will be doomed to fail also as you have no funds to advertise it , when it comes to business you need to spend money to make money nothing is a free ride

ok you say that they have extensice communities , your weakness if you don't have the community your strength could be more time to give one on one support

biftek, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  11. .hawaii

.hawaii Member

Best Answers:
    Investing in advertising can make a massive difference. It feels like you are going backwards to spend money (when you are trying to make money) sometimes but it can really pay off!

.hawaii, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  12. nekowai

Best Answers:
    Even if I wanted to invest money on advertising, I simply don't have it lol :p
    About codecanyon, they said there were tons of scripts similar to mine, they seem to have tons of scripts of any kind which are there for many years, a newcomer simply has no chances there.

nekowai, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  13. .hawaii

.hawaii Member

Best Answers:
    hrm. Trying to think of some ideas for you. Do you have any cheap $5 scripts? You could sell them on Fiverr. Maybe try going to script sites and contacting the owners and seeing if they will sell your scripts and get a 50% commision. Are your scripts original? You could sell them on cllickbank but that would cost $50 to start up.

.hawaii, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  14. carlosx2

carlosx2 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You could take a spin at and try to work together with another company. Like get your script for free when ordering hosting. you promote that. or when you make a word press plugin you try to give them a SEO content package. make a deal with a writer. You have sweeten the deal for people and of course have relevant scripts.

If you like you can PM me and maybe we would work something out or i could give you some ideas on what kind of script would be a market for.

Another option is to ask people and do some research on what kind of scripts people need these days.

carlosx2, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  15. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to create scripts that people are looking for. And you need to create scripts that have almost NO BUGS and that appear LEGITIMATE. Hire a professional web design to create your website and product graphics.

gregdavidson, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  16. Avener

Avener Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you made any recent changes?
    When the scripts were selling, what were the main causes of those sales?

Avener, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  17. marl09

marl09 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    People still do buy scripts but they are not byuing yours for some reason.Maybe some marketing will help.

marl09, Jul 12, 2013 IP