1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to proceed with my new website

Discussion in 'General Business' started by minusel, Jul 12, 2013.

Hi friends,

I have set up a new site and am trying to promote clickbank products. Request suggestion about adwords campaigns and other methods to start with a small budget.

Regards
    Selvan

minusel, Jul 12, 2013 IP
  2. wmatla

wmatla Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Selvan,

Keep in mind that you are not dealing so much with the product itself in this case, but take into account the people that you are marketing to. I recommend that you do some research first on what type of audience is really passionate about the products you want to promote and then come up with a way of connecting to them. Ideally this is an audience who is buying, have an opinion about the field and that are highly passionate. Once you have this sorted out you can think of platforms (e.g social media) to go and promote the product. This research will also make it clear for you what types of ads to write and how to approach your marketing. Work as targeted as you can, especially on low budgets. Research long tail keywords if you see the competition is high. If its an aggressive niche where a lot of money is being earned, they usually have a lot of money to run their campaigns. So you'll have to be original about what you do and developing your USP can mean the world of difference. All the best in running your campaigns!

wmatla, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  3. marpolozo

marpolozo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    keep the original

marpolozo, Jul 17, 2013 IP
  4. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    My best advice is to concentrate on driving traffic to your website to get a large list of subscribers. Like i tell everyone that has asked the same question as you, i always tell them that the money is in the list. If you have a large and responsive list, then affiliate marketing for you is like sending a email and getting cash instantly!

Howard Lim, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  5. breg

breg Peon

Best Answers:
    What's your site? What niche are yo in?

I'm going to suggest the same as Howard. Make sure you've got something awesome to give away for free and then set up a killer squeeze page to collect subscribers. Set up half a dozen auto-responders to your CB product. I always find products to promote that give away an email series that they've tried and tested.

And then promote the hell out of your site.

Pick one traffic generation method and stick to it until you've mastered it. If you want to do it cheap I would go for SEO / guest blogging / Forum posting.

Choose one of these and learn how to be awesome at it. There's no reason why you won't be bringing money in within a couple of weeks.

This all assumes that you're in a market where there is moeny to be made.

breg, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  6. proson

proson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends on your niche.

proson, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  7. iamalive

iamalive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    After the website has been made the next step is to introduce it to the people and capture traffic. For this purpose Search Engine Optimization helps your website to rank it and get traffic towards your website by creating Back-links on different websites. Social Media Marketing and Search Engine Marketing is also helpful for this regard.

iamalive, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    AdWords may not be your best bet, simply because after a couple of days of running a campaign on it your page will be deemed as low quality. Not sure about AdCenter either. However, as it's been suggested, Facebook could be the way to go. You will probably pay a bit more per click with Facebook, but at least it will give you an idea how successful your page can be.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
    qwikad.com, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  9. Mike Carroll

Mike Carroll Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would suggest doing the research first to better understand the market. Once you know their problems and issues, you will be much better off to cater to the solution once you get them on a list. To get the list going, try to find out where these people are hanging out and then start hanging out there-be sure offer advice relevant to the conversations that you are joining in so it feels a lot more natural to them.

Mike Carroll, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  10. TechSole

TechSole Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can do a good amount of Seo fairly cheaply. All you need is time and content writing skills. Niche related links will be your best bet.

TechSole, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  11. etali

etali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd avoid AdWords for now, as others have said. Consider starting with article marketing or social media. Test and tweak your sales pages, and once you figure out what's converting well you can start on AdWords. If you do PPC too early on when you don't even know if your pages are going to convert you'll just end up wasting a lot of money. Good luck!

etali, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  12. AKraly

AKraly Active Member

Best Answers:
    7Search is a cheap place to get traffic from while you're testing. It's not the highest converting traffic, but the price is right.

AKraly, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  13. emn

emn Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, you must do organic SEO for the website. If you are not familiar with it hire a professional and they can do their best for you. Try to maximize the traffic and you will get the conversions for your business. Add good content over your website and try to follow the guidelines of SEO activities. I think, your website will be promoted with low budget, in this way.
    http://www.easymedianetwork.com/search-engine-optimization.html

emn, Aug 9, 2013 IP
  14. MLS70

MLS70 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Selvan, can I ask why you are opting for adwords?

Do you have a good idea of where your target market hang out?
    Do you know alot about the niche you are in?
    What exactly is your budget?

The more info you can provide the easier it will be to help you.

Regards
    Matt

MLS70, Aug 9, 2013 IP
  15. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    Search engine traffic is targeted traffic so you should aim to optimize your site for search engines and it would really be too helpful I would say.

SERPpoint, Aug 9, 2013 IP
  16. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was thinking, what is your website like?

Because if it is like a squeeze page, i really would not suggest that you use SEO, because thats not what a squeeze page was created for. You should be concentrating on driving targeted traffic to your squeeze page and trying out different methods to increase conversation rates in order to maximize the traffic that your site is receiving.

However, if your site is like a blog or a review page then SEO would be one of your greatest choices, together with Adwords to earn a little extra. But remember to make your site as user friendly as possible, making navigation easy and your contact information easy to find. I would also suggest that you include a opt-in box, so as to collect some leads, which you can use email marketing to sell them more products.

In addition, in order to increase leads conversation (aka the number of people that choose to opt-in), you could give away a free product like an ebook. But do keep in mind that the free item that you give needs to be of good quality, because that will leave the lasting impression.

Howard Lim, Aug 10, 2013 IP