1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Networks: The Perfect Social Network

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Revelations-Decoder, Jul 22, 2013.

So what would be the perfect social network website?

Facebook trounced MySpace, Google+ draws lines, as do others so inclined and prone to be thinking majorly big to, as they to contemplate the same, but what do you think would makes the perfect SN website?

That is to say what do you think could be done better to make the perfect social network site?

Revelations-Decoder, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  2. NameNetwork

NameNetwork Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know as technologists it's inciting to contemplate it as a software or even hardware problem to solve, but thats the wrong end of the donkey. A social network is about the people and the best site is one that doesn't get in their way of connecting, sharing and communicating. There's so many thousand examples of vibrant community sites around that are technically terrible but serve and support the people who use them. Not only that but generally people hate change even if they have gripes about a feature implementation.

Just my $0.02 (I owned a 20+ million person community site for over 10 years btw)

NameNetwork, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  3. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:

Congrats on your success, NameNetwork! I'll have to come visit sometime. You are right on your perspective of SNs. Of course, security also should remain a priority.

BoostSoftware, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  4. NameNetwork

NameNetwork Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wasn't trying to brag just give context as someone who'd made all the wrong assumptions and learnt the hard way ;)

NameNetwork, Jul 22, 2013 IP