1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sub Domain or Directory

Discussion in 'General Business' started by aussie-miner, Jul 22, 2013.

Hi Everyone, I starting up a Industry Portal site and would like to link things like Job Site, Forum, Events etc, Do you guys recommend either using Sub domains here like w.jobs.Domain.com or as a directory w.domain.com/jobs

Also when I purchase scripts suchas Job script what do I register it as ? Just as the main domain name, domain.com or do I register them as sub domain or directory name for legal reasons.

Thanks

aussie-miner, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  2. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Normally I register scripts as being the primary domain name. However, some scripts (take whmcs for example) need to be registered to the specific folder / url that it is accessed from. Speak to the people selling the software before you buy it.

I personally prefer to have jobs.domain.com or blog.domain.com (rather then folders). For one, it allows a the domain to be installed on a separate cpanel account, (which can have some good advantages), but even if you host it all on the same cpanel account, I really like to have my scripts in their own root folder, rather then in the root folder of another script. For example, if you have public_html/jobs, then this will be mixed in with all of the other files, and folders in the public_html folder.

I dont know which method is best for SEO though. I will let the others comment on that.

matt_62, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  3. aussie-miner

aussie-miner Peon

Best Answers:

aussie-miner, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  4. aussie-miner

aussie-miner Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Matt, Yes you have made some good points having more control with separate CPanel etc

Thanks

aussie-miner, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  5. tom11011

tom11011 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Matt makes an excellent point. However, there is a counter point you should also consider. If you keep everything under one subdomain such as www and then just use folders for each separate piece of the website, then all those pieces may share in the same Google SERP and page ranks.

tom11011, Jul 23, 2013 IP