1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I remove negative complaint on ComplaintsBureau.com?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Sharon5120, Jul 23, 2013.

Anyone familiar with the website ComplaintsBureau.com? I had an ex employee come attack me on this website posted lies about my company and i have lost 97 percent of my sales and business because of this and I have been trying to get it removed. I have tried contacting the site owner probably 210 times with no response at all. This post is killing my business. Anyone know how I can get this taken down?

Sharon5120, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Negative on your question, but instead of floating around like a sitting duck, it's time for you to defend yourself. You've explained it all quite well on here right? Then why not create your own post telling your side of the story? If your gullible, quick to judge clientele are so ready to believe your employee, perhaps likewise they will believe you.

Get busy and submit your content on that site, and quit taking hit after hit without fighting back. Or better yet get a client to do it for you. If it has to be done in the form of a complaint in order to be accepted, then just be inventive and I'm sure you could come up with something.
    Good luck, sounds like you could use it.

Spoiltdiva, Jul 24, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow and ryan_uk like this.
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I agree with Spoiltdiva you probably should go and post a response to that post just in case, but I'd go even further and say: Just forget about it. I don't think that forum has any impact on your or anyone's business. Some topics on it have one or two posts. Somebody on it has complained about zappos.com. No really? The post says that zappos sent a roll of toilet paper instead of shoes that the person ordered. To me the post itself looks/sounds fake. A messed up order doesn't make a business a scam.

How do you know it's killing your business? In general people don't go to a forum to find out something about a business. I never do. I think something else is "killing" your business. You said you lost 97% of your sales because of that. How is it even possible? That means 97 people out of 100 went to that forum and decided not to deal with you. It's virtually impossible.

qwikad.com, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I too thought the same, but decided not to comment on that. But I have to agree with you and feel that blaming a failed business solely on some posts made on an obscure site, is denial. There is more to this story than we are reading......for sure.

5. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Reputation management. There is no point in just having a site, also build a brand and where - necessary - answer critics. Your presence should be everywhere that's relevant - not spam links or other silly stuff, but to be there to answer questions, deal with complaints, etc. Some angry people might make false accusations, so you need to give the other side. The worst thing to do, though, is do what Microsoft do and instead focus on their competitor (usually Google) and try to attack them. Overall, this tactic is a fail.

So, whether its a forum (like if you're a web host, webhostingtalk is a place you would definitely want your host represented), social media, etc, register as your brand (often on forums it's a good idea to contact a mod/admin to let them know you are a company rep) and keep an eye out regularly for mentions of your product/service, respond to questions, etc. If people complain, then work to resolve the issue rather than argue against them/trying to silence. Maybe you need to find a custom services course?

I would say - "it depends". I mentioned webhostingtalk above and this is a good example of a single forum being able to have a significant impact on your business. When people are searching for a host, it's a site most will at least read (if not participate in). So bad reviews left un-addressed there could potentially be a significant business killer. I wouldn't be surprised if there are other sectors like that, especially small businesses are going to be vulnerable. So, it's not entirely out of the realms of possibility.

ryan_uk, Jul 24, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva and Arick unirow like this.
  6. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    OP, go back and reread @ryan_uk's post and take it all in. "Reputation management" is really what this is all about. Perhaps you need to hire someone who could guide you in this? You need to do something, because your business is dying on the vine.

7. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    You know, after re-reading their post, seeing when the OP has registered and looking at the site, I find myself asking:

@OP, are you the owner of (or have been hired to "promote") "complaintsbureau.com"?

ryan_uk, Jul 24, 2013 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  8. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Interesting hypothesis, this thread really does make "complaintsbureau.com seem *very* powerful. Could very well be a clever advertising ploy. Shame on me if I bit on the hook if so, but I am still willing to give the OP the benefit of the doubt.;) (for the time being)

ryan_uk likes this.
  9. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Yep, hook, line and sinker (or however the saying goes). It was hard for me to resist as I find this topic (reputation management and brands) very interesting.

ryan_uk, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  10. qwikad.com

Best Answers:

I thought that too.

11. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
  12. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Their post there:
    http://www.complaintsbureau.com/showthread.php?tid=11&pid=58#pid58

A strange post to make, rather than instead defend your business (albeit such a post could have been deleted).

ryan_uk, Jul 24, 2013 IP