1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Do I Get My First Couple Of Sales

Discussion in 'General Business' started by DeclanEmerz, Aug 5, 2013.

I Started Affiliate Marketing A Few Months Ago But i have not had a single sale yet i have bought loads of books/software and other help things but nothing has worked Please help me.I would like to start from the bottom were do i start ?

Also if you know any noob prodrams that will help me and ones you have used that have worked thanks so much in advance

DeclanEmerz, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  2. Rewi

Rewi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Seo.. and try targeted advertisements

Rewi, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  3. Knacky

Knacky Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest keyword research. What position is your website ranked for or are you using paid traffic strategy?

Knacky, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  4. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well done on your first post and your first ban....
    I always wanted to start at the top, its just that the only opening was at the bottom :p

On a serious note, you might want to try posting ads, promoting on forums. etc. Putting up a signature space with your affiliate offer on different forums, and contributing to that forum might help as well.

Do you even have a website or blog? if not, be sure to have that in place, then your strategy is to drive traffic to that site by using SEO, or advertising, or even adwords.

matt_62, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  5. Mark Grisom

Mark Grisom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you have a blog or a website, you must have a good quality content aside from doing those SEO and adwords. Driving traffic is a plus but driving quality traffic is of utmost important to make sales. Thus, use SEO and have quality content. You can also promote your website by posting in forums. There are also paid advertising that you can avail. Making use of Social Marketing may also be helpful.

By the way, I am not a guru, I have just read quite a few info about this. :)

Mark Grisom, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  6. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe the question you need to answer here first is, how do you do your affiliate marketing? Do you own a website site or do you just advertise your affiliate link.

If you are intending to do affiliate for the long-term, then i strongly suggest that you buy a domain name and collect leads from your traffic that you send to your website, which you can proceed to do continuous affiliate marketing, earning you a stream of income (or multiple sales) from one group of customers.

Instead of marketing to everyone that comes across your advertisement and they can only buy from you once. (or one sale)

Howard Lim, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  7. umpahpah

umpahpah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on what offers you have to promote.
    Maybe you could start a fan page or twitter account on that topic.
    For example if you have weight loss products to promote, start fan page and twitter account where you will post links, pics and other things related to weight loss. Funny pics or impressive weight loss pics are good examples.
    After you gain decent amount of followers you can occasionally post link to your offer.

That is just one of the ways. Just keep doing what you read in those books and if you don't give up, you must earn. All of those are tested methods that work, you just need to keep pushing.

umpahpah, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  8. TonyGE

TonyGE Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi DeclanEmerz!

I have to ask you how many visitors your site/sites receive/s daily? If your site/s receive/s few visitors then the probability of making a single sale is really very small.

What to do to make tons and tons of sales?

Rank your website by doing intense legit SEO. SEO the hard and legit ways, not the spammy automated way. Focus on quality content to be able to rank faster. You also need the help of social media. Share your site in social medias to generate more traffic. Comment on related blogs and forums then provide a link back to your site so interested readers will check your site.

TonyGE, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  9. IPN Meda

IPN Meda Peon

Best Answers:
    learn seo first so you don't have to pay for ads right away. Once you learn seo, then practice ranking different websites. Then try to find a product on sites like offervault that you can advertise on the website you were able to rank well. Find your competitors and copy their landing page but make yours better. Don't reinvent the wheel. Follow what already works for others.

IPN Meda, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  10. Money-Maker

Money-Maker Member

Best Answers:
    For me it's getting the balance between getting quality content on the site which includes the search phrases you're targeting. You have to initially get people to the site and then give them what they want

It's no good getting one part right and not the other. You could get a million people per day to your website but if you're not providing what they want they are not going to buy. Alternatively you could provide the best solution in the world for people but if they are not finding your site again it's not going to earn you any money

Good luck

Money-Maker, Aug 7, 2013 IP
  11. Kanonig

Kanonig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think your major problem is buying and reading without application.

Basically, making money online are very similar.

Basically, it all about getting a website, whether it's a fiverr gig, forum WSO or whatever
    they are all similar and doing the same functions, you either need to optimize them for SEO
    or/and promote them via social media, SEO, paid ads like PPC , email marketing, forums and many others..

As for affiliate marketing, you need to do a lot of list building for follow ups otherwise
    all that will be story no matter the traffic.

Kanonig, Aug 9, 2013 IP
  12. Chip_Paulson

Chip_Paulson Peon

Best Answers:
    I think I can help you. Check out my site for a free resource that`s better than anything else out there. But yes you should be using SEO to get more targeted traffic to your website, whatever the niche.

Chip_Paulson, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  13. CandleKeep

CandleKeep Active Member

Best Answers:
    The one thing that continues to bring me the most sales is email marketing.

The more subscribers you have, and the better writer you are, the more you can make.

;)

CandleKeep, Aug 10, 2013 IP