1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you get more traffic to your website?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Dionne Taylor, Aug 3, 2013.

Hey guys, I was wondering how you would get more traffic to your blog or website? My main blog has been established for 6 months now and I still am not getting search engine traffic. I don't really know great ways to build backlinks or anything so please give some tips!

Thanks in advance!

Dionne Taylor, Aug 3, 2013 IP
    prashantban likes this.
  2. theinternetmarketingkid

theinternetmarketingkid Peon

Best Answers:
    Building backlinks is as simple as commenting on other peoples blogs and posting links back to your site. You could also pay for services to get backlinks for you. You could use WarriorForum or Fiverr. Also to get traffic to your site you could find a forum relevant to your site, post helpful things to that forum (don't spam!) and link your site on you're signature. If you found a active forum this should bring lots of traffic to your site. You could make youtube videos that link back to your site. As well as posting your site in Facebook groups or having someone with a huge twitter following tweet about your site.

Driving traffic to a site isn't easy but if you put in the effort you should be rewarded in the end. Hope this helps.

- The Internet Marketing Forum

3. StanKrane

StanKrane Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can write articles at article sites and create Web 2.0 properties with various anchor text back to your site. Just keep the anchor words random, varied, and natural. Build them up over time and don't have a rash of new backlinks all at once.

StanKrane, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  4. terrymason

terrymason Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Write content, and link to your site in your DP profile.

You need to have something work reading for people to come and read it.

terrymason, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  5. tareqjhe1

tareqjhe1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Write unique article and submit many sites.forum posting .

tareqjhe1, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  6. webar2007

webar2007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You dont need just raffic, but you need targeted traffic - real people who are actually interested in what you're offering. Search engine marketing and SEO takes time but you could create unique content (articles etc), be active in relevant forums, submit articles to directories, set up a Facebook page and get likes, use Twitter and social bookmarkings for backlinks. Another trick is to use Questions and Answer sites like yahoo and quora and establish yourself as an expert - that will drive some traffic to your blog. Make youtube videos and add your backlinks in the description.

webar2007, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  7. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:

I use AdCenter and Twitter quite a bit to drive traffic to my sites. I guess, it all depends on how you're going to monetize your sites. For me, spending money on AdCenter makes sense because I get back more than what I spend. Spending time on Twitter also makes sense, because I see a steady flow of visitors from Twitter and their visits convert into sales.

I guess what I am trying to say is you need to drive smart traffic to your blogs and sites. Driving traffic for sake of driving traffic can end up in frustration. Traffic that converts is usually found on facebook, g+, twitter, craigslist, backpage, AdCenter, AdWords and maybe a couple other sites.

qwikad.com, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  8. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    For Blogs the best thing to do is keep working on articles for your own blog and also provide helpful content around the net. It takes some time in general before a new blog is noticed and will get regular visitors.

Sensei.Design, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  9. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok thank you and Sensei you are right, content is king and it will take time

Dionne Taylor, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  10. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:
    One of the more interesting posts I've seen recently on getting traffic did it by breaking almost every rule of SEO. You can jump to that article here: http://benholmesonline.com/grownupgeek2

I hasten to add that I don't know the guy who wrote the post - and gain nothing by sending you to his site - it's just a fascinating story of how he went from 0 to 1,000 visitors a day in just 60 days on a new website.

After you read what he did - what do you think?

Khadaji, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  11. Dionne Taylor

Best Answers:
    Thanks man I'm reading the post now!

12. Dionne Taylor

Best Answers:
    In other words CONTENT IS KING

13. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yep... I see you caught that.

But the key, of course, is to actually do that. I'm not quite in that league, as I've only been averaging 2-3 posts a week - but traffic will be attracted to unique and quality posts.

I'll add that I've a preference for longer posts... even my short posts are around 500 words... my average post is around 800-1200 words. I'm quite convinced based on prior experience that longer posts will give more opportunities to land on the first page of Google for all sorts of obscure keyword phrases.

By the way, that guy's website also has an excellent ebook that he used to sell, detailing his experiences in building up a community website. I try to keep my eye on that website - since he really does have quality content!!!

Khadaji, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  14. billaforu

billaforu Active Member

Best Answers:
    After Completing website Designing and posting some articles there will be no free flow of money from your website you should make some optimization to your website.ie online and off page optimization this will make you to get Traffic and also Page ranking to your website. OFF Page optimization .Like social media website,Twitter,Orkut, This are the some of the social media website to drive traffic fast to your website

billaforu, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  15. Rocawear

Rocawear Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If your blog is something you can see yourself working on for months/years then posting regular blogs will help you but this will take time. Backlinking is definitely a method used by many successful internet marketers and it will bring traffic provided it is done properly. If you abuse this then you may end up hurting your site rather than helping it. Do google searches, there is pleanty of info out there on SEO. Also your on page seo should be optimized so googles bots can easily make their way around ur site and recognise what your keywords are.

Rocawear, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  16. OlegLola

OlegLola Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi!

Here are some general rules for promotion, which are effective both for website and blog:

- make sure that your site is ready for promotion, work with content, improve the design and usability

- work with Search Engine Optimization techniques

- use e-mail marketing

- write and publish press-releases

- create your blog and write related articles

- interact with your audience

- use social bookmarking
    - work with SMM

OlegLola, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  17. qualitypixel

qualitypixel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Have you tried the tips on thinktraffic.net
    Tons of awesome tips here

qualitypixel, Aug 5, 2013 IP
    baranmod and ApocalypseXL like this.
  18. SproutSpire

SproutSpire Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure what you are doing to market your website, but you can't just sit back and wait for people to come. You have to promote your site.

Knowing and implementing the basics of SEO is enough to start with for getting website traffic from Google. Remember to create for humans and optimise for search engines.

Frequency definitely impacts websites, especially new ones. It makes sense - if you have only 4 pages on your website then google doesn't have much to go on. The more you have the more chance google has to find you.
    I have found with my new websites when I publish something every day, I get more visitors.

Publish longer posts. I am finding that my longest posts are the ones that are getting found in google the most.

Connect with real people. That way you don't have to be doing all your own promotion - connections will promote for you, and expose you to new audiences. In the long run, networking will help grow your website exponentially.

SproutSpire, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  19. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Another way is to participate in active forums related to your niche and leave your blog link in your signature. then continue to post in your blog to generate content and post actively in forums so get yourself noticed. Of course, only post comments that can help people, that way, people would feel that you are a knowledgeable individual that they can learn from, thus clicking your link.

But like what the rest have been saying, content is king. However, i also feel that relationships and connections, also play a big part in a person's success. Just remember, Give good information and be nice. being nice usually makes everything better.

Howard Lim, Aug 7, 2013 IP
  20. Chip_Paulson

Chip_Paulson Peon

Best Answers:
    Content is more king than ever. Have a look at my site for a step by step on how to optimize in 2013.
    Also, you should be social! Google plus, facebook, twitter, etc.. Google likes those social backlinks these days, especially reshares.

Chip_Paulson, Aug 10, 2013 IP