1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does any one has sold website on flipa

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Anzeb, Jul 21, 2013.

Hi guys,
    I came across online business auction site flipa, and found lots of good deals on it. do you guys have any experience in flipa, I am thinking to resell few of my premium website over flipa, will it work?
    Thanks
    Anzeb

Anzeb, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  2. rmt99e

rmt99e Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it will work. Make sure you take the time to upload all relevant documentation (traffic statistics, etc.)

Flippa also charges a fee to list your website.

rmt99e, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  3. Anzeb

Anzeb Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes it charges a fee

Anzeb, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  4. rmt99e

rmt99e Active Member

Best Answers:
    Right. If you are confident in your website selling, and are serious about selling it, I would give it a shot. From my experience, your website won't sell on Flippa unless it gets steady traffic, and has been an established domain for some time.

rmt99e, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  5. wzn888

wzn888 Member

Best Answers:
    flippa is a leading place to sell/buy website,you can sell your website,all you need to do edit the list,pay them fee,then your website will be listed

wzn888, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  6. Anzeb

Anzeb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys,
    I will do depth search on it as there any online course for it to learn how to sell website on flipa?

Anzeb, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  7. dsmpub

dsmpub Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I have sold quite a few sites on Flippa and its all been good apart from non-payers as you can get a lot of those. So I am always careful with who I let bid on my sites and avoid anyone with bad feedback.

Flippa supports the buyer not the seller so it is not always nice to deal with and its easy for them to get banned open another account and then put in fake bids.

Overall though I do like selling on there but I would never Flip on there as its too much of a headache dealing with all the bad points.

dsmpub, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  8. jibriel

jibriel Active Member

Best Answers:
    I already sold my website a few weeks ago and i get only $195 as it is the relisted website.For the first list,the site won by the bidder with the price $555 but he didnt pay it.So when i relist it,it decrease in value.
    So,make sure you watch who your bidder and check their background before accept their bid.Careful and gud luck for your auction.

jibriel, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  9. Hannan Shah

Hannan Shah Member

Best Answers:
    you are right Jibriel

Hannan Shah, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  10. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Does your site get lots of traffic? They also charge $29 a site I believe. It's a lil expensive if you ask me.

superrichguy, Aug 9, 2013 IP
  11. AKraly

AKraly Active Member

Best Answers:
    Flippa is a good place to sell your sites if they NET less than $20k/year. If they are earning more than that then you should go through a private broker.

My advice is to ALWAYS accept payment via escrow. You hear about scams all the time where people sell their sites on flippa, get paid with PayPal, transfer site ownership and then get a payment dispute in PayPal. They are then left without their site and without any money... just be careful and use escrow. There's a fee but it's more than worth it.

AKraly, Aug 9, 2013 IP
  12. Money-Maker

Money-Maker Member

Best Answers:
    Yes flippa is an established website for buying and selling websites however like a few people have said always pay due diligence

Money-Maker, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  13. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You are right. Many times now I bid and lose an auction, maybe I am second or third highest bidder. If the auction is relisted, I do not bother to re-bid. You see many times on flippa, the system warns you that the seller might be connected to another account, and sometimes you see feedback from people that flippa warns are connected..... so when I see a site sell, and then relist, no buyer thinks non-payer, they think the seller is a scammer.... and this is very unfair.

I am suprised to hear that flippa has many non-payers, as to bid or even PM for low $xxx sites requires credit card confirmation, which means that non-payers could and should easily be forcibly billed by flippa for costs incurred.

matt_62, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  14. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    On Flippa, domain names can also be sold and I see lots of domain names are listed there, they are getting good number of bids too.

SERPpoint, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  15. Branko Zecevic

Branko Zecevic Active Member

Best Answers:
    It seems based on member's experience that Flippa isn't that great after all! :(
    In any way thank you all for sharing your experiences, because I'm interested in this topic too!

Branko Zecevic, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  16. 24wallpapers

24wallpapers Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its too much for auction

24wallpapers, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  17. jibriel

jibriel Active Member

Best Answers:
    but you can sell your newly established site for only $9.and i just start the auction for just $4 after they deduct $5 with my flippa credit.its awesome.i just start selling my alcohol rehab niche site there.

jibriel, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  18. Étienne Crête

Étienne Crête Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I sold a few new and old websites on Flippa. It works well but don't be surprised if you do not receive any bid right after you published the ad. If your website is big enough, I recommend buying the Featured Listing promotion ($50) 24hrs before the auction ends.

Good luck!

Étienne Crête, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  19. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. Plus they have all the other fees once it is sold. I stay clear of all that.

superrichguy, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  20. FutureCPA

FutureCPA Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm completely knew to making money off websites so I'm just curious, how much do websites sell for vs how much income they generate a month/year? Is it generally cheaper or do you need to wait a certain period of time before seeing a return on your investment?

FutureCPA, Aug 12, 2013 IP