1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hoot Suite

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Sean101, Aug 23, 2013.

I saw an ad the other day about a service that helps manage all my social networks in one place, I couldn't remember the name, so Googled about and the one I went with is Hoot Suite. Has anyone else used this website / service before? I am only a few hours into it, but all seems really good, just scheduling posts, etc.. on my Facebook pages just now. Please reply below if you are using it or have used it before. Thanks!

Sean101, Aug 23, 2013 IP
  2. HostGarou

HostGarou Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Yeah we use it, it is very useful if you want to manage all your social networks, you need just to put your website's feed, then HootSuite do the publication for you in your social networks. That's it!

HostGarou, Aug 23, 2013 IP
  3. Sean101

Sean101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    How long have you been using it? Would you mind if I asked a few questions about it to see if you can help me out? Im still getting used to it, pretty much know the basics, but there are one or two options on it I don't quite understand.

Sean101, Aug 23, 2013 IP
  4. HostGarou

HostGarou Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Yeah sure, any question is welcome :)

HostGarou, Aug 23, 2013 IP
  5. Sean101

Sean101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well the RSS Feed part, I don't quite get what it does, When I go to "Publisher", then click on the "RSS Feed" Settings link... Where it says "Network to send feed items to:", what does it do? Share the feed on one or more of my pages at once? or Is there something else it does because I can share my feed without it needing a section of itself, (Hope that makes sense).

Is the only way to get more points to use on reports to buy them?

Sean101, Aug 23, 2013 IP
  6. Rishi tomar

Rishi tomar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hoot suite is post or tweet schedule site, here we can add our social accounts and schedule tweets for upcoming days. This will help to make active on our social accounts. Hope this will help you.
    Thanks

Rishi tomar, Aug 24, 2013 IP
  7. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    Hootsuite seems to be the leader as far as post scheduling. It's cheap, too. The premium accounts start at least than $10 a month, which is nice.

Alyssa Lochmore, Aug 25, 2013 IP
  8. Sean101

Sean101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that's me been using it for a good few days now and haven't had any problems with it :D

Sean101, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  9. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like Hootsuite, too. It's easier to keep track of other people that way. I can also post on more than one profile of mine all at the same time.

BoostSoftware, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  10. Sean101

Sean101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Does anyone know if it is possible to schedule a Question / Poll on Facebook using Hoot Suite?

Sean101, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  11. malcsimm

malcsimm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I flip between Hootsuite and Buffer. Right now I'm preferring Buffer. It is really cool.

Maybe check it out if you haven't already. I use the Firefox addon.

Malc

malcsimm, Aug 28, 2013 IP
  12. Sean101

Sean101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What does Buffer offer that HootSuite doesn't? or is there software better / easier to use?

Sean101, Aug 28, 2013 IP
  13. tkscott

tkscott Peon

Best Answers:
    Buffer has an app that allows you to view scheduled posts, as well as past posts (posts via Buffer). When looking at past posts you also have access to metrics for each post. Also with that app you can post to one of your connected accounts, either immediately or added to each network's queue. Buffer also provide a bookmarklet that you can add, that can be used to bookmark a website and add it to your Buffer. And finally if you work with apps like Feedly, Buffer supports integration with it.

tkscott, Sep 27, 2013 IP