1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Some Questions About LinkedIn?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Sean101, Sep 1, 2013.

I have just signed up to LinkedIn and I have a few questions about it that im hoping someone will be able to answer here on DP. If you can give me some info / answers on any of all of the below questions, please reply.. Thanks!

1. How do I get my posts and updates to show on my profile?
    2. How do I add my websites to my LinkedIn profile?
    3. How do people follow me? Im meaning where do people actually do it from my profile page?

Sean101, Sep 1, 2013 IP
  2. Teg

Teg Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello Sean101,
    To answer your first question, when you go to your LinkedIn profile, you should see an Activity feed. In order for those to show, a user will have to click "View Activity, or View More," from the activity feed.

For your second question, to add your websites to your LinkedIn Profile, go to edit profile, and click the little contact icon that says Edit Contact Info. From there you should be able to add links to your twitter, facebook, and other personal websites.

Last but not least, your third question. When a user goes to your profile, they can "Connect" with you by clicking on the "connect" button via your profile page. If they search for you they can auto connect with you by clicking the same button next to your name. Connecting is the same thing as following.

I hope this has helped you, if you have any other questions feel free to ask, I'll help where I can.
    Regards,
    Teg

Teg, Sep 2, 2013 IP
    VukasinI and Sean101 like this.
  3. Sean101

Sean101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the information :D Yeah, I have a few more questions about it if that's cool, thanks :D

What is my main profile, like the one I will link people to that I am telling about my LinkedIn and also putting links to on my websites, etc..? Im asking this because there seems to be 2 profiles, the first one which going by the URL, seems to be my main one, but there is also a second one which is linkedby saying "View Full Profile", but going by that URL, surely I don't use that?

PS: Whats you LinkedIn Profile?

Sean101, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  4. Teg

Teg Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Sean101,
    Your main profile would be your public profile. This profile is what businesses or potential employers will see. This profile has a a link to view your full profile which I believe is only allowed if a member is part of LinkedIn.

Does this help?

Teg, Sep 2, 2013 IP
    Sean101 likes this.
  5. Rahulkapoor1

Rahulkapoor1 Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly,

yes a member who will be a part of linkedin can see to it..it is one and the same

Rahulkapoor1, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  6. Sean101

Sean101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the help :D

Sean101, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  7. AddiBoy

AddiBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Seriously -- I feel like LinkedIn is so powerful...but I don't know how to use it. My roommate is always blown away by it's power. I need to get into it more, but I'm just not sure where to start.

AddiBoy, Sep 12, 2013 IP
  8. alphaomegalady

alphaomegalady Member

Best Answers:
    LinkedIn is an ok social media but will work best if you get the paid version where you can make your own portfolio. This feature will give benefits for your business or if you are looking for new job.

alphaomegalady, Sep 12, 2013 IP
  9. Sean101

Sean101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    How much does it cost? Do you have it?

Sean101, Sep 12, 2013 IP
  10. alphaomegalady

alphaomegalady Member

Best Answers:
    I don't, just check your LinkedIn account on the setting button.

alphaomegalady, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  11. Samsom

Samsom Member

Best Answers:
    I am new to LInkedIn as well, but I find it very easy to manage. It's great that not only do I get to choose who follows me, but I also get to see who's tracking me. I wonder if people take it seriously just because for the really successful people, do they have time to use linkedin? I would really hope that the site itself is successful and even more than facebook.

Samsom, Oct 3, 2013 IP