1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Developing a site for website flippers, good idea or not?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by akdiver, Sep 16, 2013.

Hi Guys,

Just need some friendly advice. I am developing an aggregate site for website sales, so that all listings on flippa, digitalpoint and website sale sites are shown in one place and easily searchable.

Its based on the domain sales aggregate idea. Basically assuming I can get the site working well I have 2 questions:

1. Is it a good idea at all. Would this help people who buy websites (or look to buy) regularly?

2. What would you pay for such a service?

I am only about 25% done so I would be keen to hear your thoughts

akdiver, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  2. ayeronnie

ayeronnie Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's an interesting idea. And if it had like "alerts", might make it better.

Although, I can't see a compelling reason for people to pay for such a service. They could just go to those sites themselves. If they are regular buyers, which is who your mainly targeting, they probably already hang out on those places. Unless I am missing something? What reasons would make it better than visiting the sites themselves?

Wonder if a better idea would be to have ads on the site selling related flipping guides and services. There are plenty of affiliate products. Even better if the traffic is new buyers. Just a thought :)

ayeronnie, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  3. modernlifeisadam

modernlifeisadam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As someone who has bought websites in the past, it is always nice to have another place to look. Especially if all of the listings are found on one website. As a person who knows about marketing, I hope you have a very strong game plan for how you're going to approach the domain flipping community.

modernlifeisadam, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  4. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think that it is a great idea! Not just for sites, but for domains as well.

I dunno if I would pay for the service, as normally browsing all those sites now is free.

Like ayeronnie said, if it had alerts, then perhaps it might be worth paying for. Like I might want alerts for domain names that have specific words, or letters in them (or other criteria).

But how would you charge users for it? would you give 5 free searches daily for free (paid to allow more) would you charge for registration and give a wide range of options and features?

Perhaps it when you first release it, power it by ads, and have it free to attract users.

One feature that some people might love / hate is caching site sales. People might actually be willing to pay for a feature where they can look up any domain, and find out if its been listed in the past, and view the former listings, and sale prices. While your site might cache content starting now, this might still be a valuable feature that people would pay for.

I would think it would be easy.... right now there might be a site in a niche that I want that I am missing out on simply as I dont know about it. Additionally, people selling sites on DP would want people everywhere to know about his site as it means that THERE sales would be promoted to more people.

I think it could be very very popular. But popular and profitable are two different things.

matt_62, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  5. ayeronnie

ayeronnie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Or here's another idea, to make money, offer "featured" listings for sellers who pay a small fee. Could do that a couple times per category and might add up. Like they pay to have their listings showcased.

If you could do that the way you have it set up.

ayeronnie, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  6. akdiver

akdiver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The idea is to save time and effort for searches. For example a couple of the forum marketplaces are filled with spam sales (for lack of a better term) and have turnkey sites, bulk sites etc. I will manually process this information and format it all as well, so the listings are only decent ones, and so you can compare or search for traffic, revenue, alexa, pagerank, stats easily as well. I guess its more of a service then a product :)

Not overly concerned about the revenue at this stage, just more the concept and I appreciate the feedbackguys. I was looking at a monthly membership option for revenue.

akdiver, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  7. akdiver

akdiver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To answer this directly it will save them time and considerable amount of it. There are about 20 sites I am looking at incorporating, browsing though each on a daily basis or a weekly basis would take plenty of hours. Particularly if you have to trawl through the rubbish listings on the free marketplaces.

akdiver, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  8. modernlifeisadam

modernlifeisadam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is a good idea, if done right. Marketed right. Maintained right. Very true, though.

modernlifeisadam, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  9. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Maybe eventually you can even approach some of those sites (like flippa and others) informing them about your service. If someone was promoting my site that way, I'd be more than happy to help that person out with things like affiliate program perks or providing all kinds of RSS feeds.

qwikad.com, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  10. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    It would be a great idea, I have always wanted to flip websites for profit but never got around to it.

Dionne Taylor, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  11. vignesh kumar

vignesh kumar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Please check out my method here.

Attached Files:

vignesh kumar, Sep 27, 2013 IP