1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Check out this success story to help inspire you

Discussion in 'General Business' started by johnnyr860, Sep 17, 2013.

Hello fellow marketers. I am here to just share something with you. This is a story that some of you may or may not have heard of but I find it so inspiring that I must share it. Here goes-

Some of you may like him and some of you may hate him. No matter if you like or hate him this man has been very successful. Who is this man? His name is Tyler Perry and he is one of the biggest producers here in the states right now. Out of all the movies he has made 5 of them have sold out in different movie theaters across the country making it to the #1 spot at the box office. Known for his comedy roll as the bad "madea" this man has managed to keep people laughing since the start.

He has an estimated net worth of over $400 million dollars. In an interview that Oprah did about him she said that he is a multi millionaire soon to be multi billionaire with his company- Tyler Perry Studios. But he didn't get there just over night. His family kept telling him to get serious and find a real job but he wanted to be famous and successful so he said no and when he lost everything he had the man became homeless back in the 90's and one day while looking through a window of a store he saw a TV that was playing the Oprah Winfrey show and I don't remember what he said she was talking about but that was enough to get him going.

He got a job and saved up all his money and put together a musical show. Only 30 people came to the first show. He did another and another after that and little by little his name started to stick around town and different places. Now he is one of the richest celebrities in the world and forbes magazine even had him listed on the top 10 list of most successful and richest African American celebrities.

So whether you love or hate him or his movies and TV shows you must understand the guy talks money. He started from the bottom and rose all the way to the top. This is a story he always shares with people and he is always open about his life. If a man like Tyler Perry can go from being homeless and broke to being one of the worlds richest paid celebs in the world today then I promise you that while I can't promise you will be a millionaire I can say that if you work really hard and put the effort into your work you too can be successful in life no matter what you do.

johnnyr860, Sep 17, 2013 IP
    Dionne Taylor and VukasinI like this.
  2. amiluvu

amiluvu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can! Never give up believing in yourself. Whenever you doubt yourself, remember the many inspirational stories below of transforming failure to success and fame by amazing people we all know and respect. Every one of us can make a big difference if we only choose to believe in ourselves and never give up. Please help to spread these inspirational stories of failure to success to all you know so that both individually and collectively we might more fully live our awesome potential. And you have a great day!

amiluvu, Sep 20, 2013 IP
    johnnyr860 likes this.
  3. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I swear i really don't see how success like that is actually possible.

Dionne Taylor, Sep 21, 2013 IP
    johnnyr860 likes this.
  4. johnnyr860

johnnyr860 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well if you think about it he is not the first celebrity to make it to riches and fame out of nowhere. Halle Berry is another person who used to be homeless and now she has won multiple movie awards including a few oscars and yet she started from the bottom as a homeless women. Oprah Winfrey who I mentioned in the story also grew up very poor and yet she has been listed as one of the richest celebrities in the world. Her net worth is close to $3 billion. I mean the list just goes on and on. Tyler Perry is just one of the many celebrities that has made it out of nowhere with having nothing just handed to him. He worked hard and was able to obtain what he wanted as did Oprah and Halle Berry. I'm not saying that with so much hard work that one day you will be the worlds richest person but what I am saying is that if you set your mind to something and go for it then anything is possible.

johnnyr860, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  5. johnnyr860

johnnyr860 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I live for the inspiration :)
    I just love to inspire people when I can. Even if it is just one person at a time. I always spread stories of inspiration. Every time I read an inspirational story it just makes my day.

johnnyr860, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  6. maurice.cowell

maurice.cowell Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    His enthusiasm lead him to success. As a person, you cannot prove something in yourself unless you take some risks so if you know one day you'll become successful then do everything and anything to reach your goal. I am so inspired with this story and thank you for sharing this to us here. I also want to create my success story one day. :)

maurice.cowell, Sep 21, 2013 IP