1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Converting your online start up to a thriving business model

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Well Written, Sep 24, 2013.

I want to share few points on what i think about doing internet business in order to have a sustained flow of money. Most people assume that the internet is full of business opportunities and one can easily earn hundreds and thousands of dollars by just clicking their mouse. This is a real myth. And, gone were the days when the slightest of efforts have brought in rich income to the online business owners.

I would say the internet domain is saturated to the core and there are so many spammers. A genuine business owner will find it really difficult to market his efforts and business.

**Things to Know**

In today's online world, one has to know the SEO techniques, Social Media techniques and above all the ways to grab the customer base quickly in this fast running world. If you think you can take steps after a month or two on starting the business, then you are gone.

It has virtually become impossible to market your product or services online without investment.

Having a competent service or the product is not the only pre-requisite to succeed in your online business.

You have to be a member of at least 5 to 7 forums that has a good amount of traffic and you have to be an active member.

It is always important to earn a reputation for yourself in all such forums so that people will start trusting you.

This popularity will help to bring in the initial customers to your business.

Well Written, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  2. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't agree with anything written above. It isn't true, at least 95% things you said.

VukasinI, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  3. Well Written

Well Written Peon

Best Answers:
    If that is the case, i would really appreciate the reasons on why you discount the facts. I am sure it will be helpful for others too. At least, it will be an eye opener for the beginners and i can also get something useful on what you record here.

Well Written, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  4. mkcookin

mkcookin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree 100% with this statement. People assume that just because it is the internet you can make a lot of money, and make it very fast. The truth of the matter, is that it takes investing both time and money into your business before you will turn a profit.

You have to first learn some new skills, one which I think is the hardest for most people is traffic generation. But once you learn how to generate traffic and send it through a profitable sales funnel -- then you can start making money relatively fast.

I have to disagree with this statement. You DO NOT have to know SEO or Social Media to generate decent traffic to your website. There are thousands of other ways to generate very targeted traffic like Article marketing, and mastering paid traffic like Solo ads.

There are thousands of people who spend months ranking their website/blog to page one of Google (getting them thousands of visitors a month) but making zero money.

The truth when it comes to traffic is to learn how to drive very targeted customers who are eager to hear what you have say. You can make more money with 100 interested people to your site a day vs 1000 uninterested ones.[/quote]

This is true. But the investment for starting a business is very cheap. You only need a domain name, hosting, and an auto res ponder. Then you can use free traffic methods to start driving people to your website, and earning you money.

mkcookin, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  5. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    YOu don't have to "invest" money to make a business go viral, viral marketing is free. but it takes time and energy investment.

ninjamtlt1, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  6. Well Written

Well Written Peon

Best Answers:
    Wellsaid @mkcookin.

I believe that my points on knowing seo techniques or the social media management and about investment are inter related. For example, if i want to bring in quality traffic to my blog through which i can have monetary benefits, then i will have to invest money to achieve this goal in a shorter span of life. I need to have lots of content generated for the marketing services and i will have to pay the writers for sure in order to get quality content.

I can say that one need to know the smart ways of marketing with little amount of investment to generate decent traffic in a shorter span of time. The trick is that not all can be smart and not all will teach the smart tips to succeed. Most people will have to learn them by making mistakes. Experience is the best teacher.

Another problem is that some people might give up after some time when they do not see the expected result. Ultimately it is like a disaster waiting to happen at the end with a series of flaws in their process of thinking.

Well Written, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  7. breakfastblog

breakfastblog Peon

Best Answers:
    very true, not easy

This is true. But the investment for starting a business is very cheap. You only need a domain name, hosting, and an auto res ponder. Then you can use free traffic methods to start driving people to your website, and earning you money.[/quote]

breakfastblog, Sep 25, 2013 IP