1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cost to run a startup

Discussion in 'General Business' started by jonrod, Oct 3, 2013.

Hi everyone,

I just came across an interesting info graph I found on Venturebeat and StartupWeekend about the cost to run a startup that I thought I would share with you all.

It compares the costs of a startup including a small office and hiring 2 developers and 1 designer from different cities and countries.
    [​IMG]

jonrod, Oct 3, 2013 IP
  2. najinsword

najinsword Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I wish designers made 100,000 a year....would make my job much easier....I'm curious how accurate these are.

najinsword, Oct 3, 2013 IP
  3. phpsolution

phpsolution Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello I would really like to share you with you. Many start up company always go with one senior developer who have all skill and they take all work from fresher or recent graduate and when they can see product doing well. it is really nice idea and have more chance of success than they start investing money and go for hire professional developer.

phpsolution, Oct 4, 2013 IP
  4. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Or you could make your home "the office" and hire web developers/designers from elance.com ;)

bl4ckmaN^, Oct 4, 2013 IP
  5. jonrod

jonrod Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you bl4ckmaN^.
    It is worthwhile to setup a home office for your designers/developers and have them work for a certain client (lets say in the US)...Crowdsourcing is the future of workforce.

jonrod, Oct 8, 2013 IP
  6. hostvenom

hostvenom Peon

Best Answers:
    That's very interesting, but I can't imagine most small business are starting with two developers and a designer : P

hostvenom, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  7. Kimbro

Kimbro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are many old folks like me around, who are adept at web development and charge around $1200 to build a fully interactive responsive website. They will also train a staff member or part time uni student to look after the site for you. Just place an advert in your local paper. By the way please don't contact me to do a job for you I'm totally flat out!
    Most start ups don't even need such fancy websites and plenty of people who don't know how to hand code a site do very well with a wordpress site. There are so many great themes out there to choose from.
    You can do it from home and the start up costs - minimum would be as follows:
    Domain name registration + icann around $15 per year per domain.
    Shared Hosting around $15 per month or Dedicated hosting around $400 per month
    Autoresponder around $25 per month
    Good wordpress theme around $60 one time fee.
    Graphics designs, like logos, headers etc. around $5 each via Fiverr
    Video advertising around $20 each and an extra $10 for distribution via Fiverr.
    Of course you will need a fast internet connection, mine costs $60 per month.
    A good computer around $2000.
    A backup system around $120
    Hope that info helps,
    Cheers,
    Kitty.

Kimbro, Oct 9, 2013 IP
    makeit easy likes this.
  8. jonrod

jonrod Member

Best Answers:
    I think it was only an example :)
    (not really sure though)