1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help the New Kid on The Block

Discussion in 'General Business' started by hsard, Oct 21, 2013.

Hi everyone, wherever you are!

I have just registered to this site, so yes, I am a newbie, so please be nice to me:)

I will start very soon an Online Degree on Marketing and Digital Business. The main areas of focus / contents of the program are:
    Community Management
    WEB SEO positioning
    E-Commerce
    Wordpress
    Web content Edition

among others...

Now, i have no practical experience working professionally on this business, I have been working on areas such as customer service, credit control, payments, etc.
    So, I need some advice here:

-How can I find a job on this business without experience?

-What is the best way to get some experience on the business,, I mean, what can I do in practical terms so that I can start getting some amateur experience in digital marketing, so at least I would get a vision of what is done professionally?

- What sort of skills (technical / personal knowledge) do you consider more important to learn in order to succeed in this business?

- Creating your own business or working for someone else?

These are some of the questions I have at the moment, I really hope you can shed some light on these topics and show me the beggining of the path :)

Thanks very much in advance, I hope you all have a blessed day.

hsard, Oct 21, 2013 IP
  2. baldonius

baldonius Member

Best Answers:
    Read case studies about people who have gone out there and successfully made money. This will help you to learn some general principles. Then make sure you go out there and try stuff for yourself. Nothing is better than experience!

baldonius, Oct 21, 2013 IP
  3. hsard

hsard Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply ! Will do, If I am able to find them. Any suggestions?

hsard, Oct 21, 2013 IP
  4. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    go to sites for sale section, take a careful look at the sites that are being SOLD

those are the ones with good businesses, because those business are the one that getting new money.

competent123, Oct 21, 2013 IP
  5. hsard

hsard Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your suggestion, Parvesh :)

hsard, Oct 21, 2013 IP
  6. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Being nice is somewhat boring, being nasty however is far more entertaining.;) Having said that if anyone gets too nasty, simply hit the report button.
    You've received decent advice so far so I need not add to it except to say that you ought just read and learn, good luck to you newbie.:)

Spoiltdiva, Oct 21, 2013 IP
  7. DEBooks

DEBooks Guest

Best Answers:
    There are many topics involved with Internet marketing such as seo, article writing (Content is King) blogs traffic web site design do a quick google search for FREE information do not buy into every shinning object you see .

DEBooks, Oct 21, 2013 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Working for someone else will
    1. ensure you get paid
    2. teach you firsthand
    3. teach you about running a business - lots of people miss this step and wonder why they go under even though they have the skills to do the job. Running a business is another skillset altogether.

sarahk, Oct 21, 2013 IP
  9. dimitarang

dimitarang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Start a simple WP blog and test and test and test again, try different stuff till you feel that you are ready for bigger stuff.

dimitarang, Oct 21, 2013 IP
  10. SEO.Maven

SEO.Maven Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I personally think that you should start selling your services to someone else first. That way, you have a means to "test" your processes while learning from your clients as well, assuming that they are some sort of expert in any area that you are currently working on.

I suggest signing up to sites that offer client and contractor services. oDesk, eLance, and Fiverr are great examples. I suggest you get a PayPal account in order to be properly paid. Your services can generate anywhere from $5 to $500 per gig, assuming you are proficient in SEO and can create engaging sites.

Once you are familiar with the basics, you can try working on your own site bit by bit until you are confident enough to invest in your own work and hopefully make it big in internet marketing :)

SEO.Maven, Oct 21, 2013 IP
  11. Cyberchoices

Cyberchoices Active Member

Best Answers:
    Spend some money on ebooks about the internet marketing niche, ways to make money, ways to get traffic and social media strategies. When you have a good overview do the most important step: take action on what you've learnt. PM me if you have any specific questions you need help with.

Cyberchoices, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  12. hsard

hsard Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, i am overwhelmed by the amount of feedback I have received so far. Right now, I believe that this page was a great find, and I am sure I will be spending lots of hours researching and interacting around here.

Thank you so much, I have read all your replies, and will take everything into consideration.

Much love to all of you :)

hsard, Oct 22, 2013 IP