1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to choose CMS?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Abdul Basith, Oct 27, 2013.

Hello friends!

I am new to web development. I am going to start my career as web developer/web designer. Now i get one website project from my friend. Please let me choose best CMS. My choice is between Wordpress and Joomla.

Abdul Basith, Oct 27, 2013 IP
  2. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    For this very reason I would advise you to learn HTML (markup), CSS (presentation) and JavaScript (I would also recommend learning programming principles before JS or any other language such as PHP) first. Forget a CMS right now as it won't help you become a "web developer/web designer". Anyone can churn out a site in bloated scripts such as WordPress and Joomla, but it doesn't make them a web developer/web designer.

Once you have mastered these incredibly important skills (it will help set you apart from those who unzip a WordPress theme and call themselves a web designer) move on to learning PHP and MySQL. These will all help to be able to make your own site from scratch (including any scripts) or choose the right CMS for the particular job and make good quality themes (most of them require understanding of PHP at least to make the best use of them, or programming principles if they use a custom language for templates).

ryan_uk, Oct 27, 2013 IP
    PhilipSEO likes this.
  3. WebDeveloperSahil

WebDeveloperSahil Active Member

Best Answers:
    Go with wordpress if you want a really easy CMS portal. And as ryan_uk said you need to learn some JS and HTML first as you want to be a web developer/designer. For designing install basic designing software's like PS 3DC etc. and get started with editing/creating new web designs. Do not forget youtube got almost all tutorials on every single concept of web designing. Before getting involved in designing you should practice HTML,CSS,JS, won't take much time.

Good luck, I gave you my opinion.

WebDeveloperSahil, Oct 27, 2013 IP