1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advantages of Social Networks for startups

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Rahulkapoor1, Dec 2, 2013.

As a start up how best the social channels should be made use?Need ideas on this

Rahulkapoor1, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  2. Farouseh

Farouseh Member

Best Answers:
    If you are a beginner in social media you should be aware not to get sucked in for long periods of time. Social media can be a huge time sucker.

You should be consistent and organized in your posting. To help you organize you need a couple of free tools: Hootsuite and Google Alerts.

Through Hootsuite you can schedule your posting to different social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.

Google Alerts will help you find useful content based on keywords that you enter. You can schedule these alerts to reach your email on a daily or weekly basis.

Posting Frequency:

After getting these tools you should schedule your posts on the different media. Following is the optimum posting frequency:

Facebook: 1 post a day. Posting more than that will have negative effects and you might be annoying those who have liked your page.

Twitter: Frequency of posts can be higher in Twitter. Aim to post 1-5 times a day.

LinkedIn: Only one status update in a day. Beware if you are connecting Twitter to LinkedIn since your posts will pass through and people might end up blocking you from their feed stream.

Youtube: You should post only one video a month on average. If you are making a series it is advisable that you shoot multiple videos (not more than 7 minutes each) and releasing them on a weekly basis.

Google+: One status update each week.

Daily Activities:

1. Check your mail to see if you have any Google Alerts.

2. Go to Hootsuite and schedule the posts that you need for your different social media.

3. Reply quickly on any posts that your followers has mad in the last 24 hours.

4. Stay away from social media for the next 24 hours

Weekly Activities:

1. Go to Google+ and repeat your best post of the week.

2. Go to Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn and have a look at what is happening there and interact with those who have commented on your posts.

This whole plan should not take you more than 15 minutes a day and it will cover all social media.

Beware that you should not have any subscribers following you unless you have sufficient material on your social media. Ideally you should wait for a month. No one wants to follow a blank page.

Farouseh, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  3. Rahulkapoor1

Rahulkapoor1 Member

Best Answers:
    yes thanks for your details but now the product is quite stable and thought reasonable time should be spent on Internet i.e both Social media and SEO to get higher benefits.Can you advice?

4. LinkBuilder1987

LinkBuilder1987 Member

Best Answers:

LinkBuilder1987, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  5. Rahulkapoor1

Rahulkapoor1 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for video share.

6. rozerr

rozerr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also join the relevant communities or groups in your niche and share your content their to get qualified traffic on your site.

rozerr, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  7. RyanBlake101

RyanBlake101 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been using facebook for a while now and have found the the traffic generated via
    social networks is very good if it is targeted correctly and you don't just send random
    posts but actually try to engage your audience.
    I've run a few completions in the past each one got at least a 1000 new likes to my page and
    around 300-500 new optins to my mailing list.
    Those people on my mailing list can be sent messages and they don't get filtered like in facebook.
    Facebook only shows your posts to people that have been actively engaged in the recent past but
    an email will go through every time.
    Thats my 2 cents. I'm still learning as I go along because things change so quickly.

RyanBlake101, Dec 2, 2013 IP