1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where to start in web business?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by 121beale121, Dec 11, 2013.

Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to being a webmaster, I've failed a few times trying to make previous successful poker affiliation websites. I believe this was due to lack of funds and big fish as competition having the majority of poker players who would sign up via an affiliation community and the poker rooms already having the rest. So the advice i seek is what niche / type of website would be an easier website to start up and run with greater chance of sucess. I'm guessing a content website seo unique content uploaded regularly, and monetized with Adsense and sell back links once my page rank increases eventually and affiliation banners but what niche? because I don't want to be unsuccessful again like the poker niche. I don't have many interests other than making money and poker, all advice and cretisim is welcomed.

121beale121, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  2. GFX2

GFX2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Top 10 things you enjoy or love - niche ideas.
    Start with one website that you enjoy to develop, love to work on it. Develop it with quality material, invest enough time in it and when it's ready then start to monetize it.
    Put some passion into your website! :- )

GFX2, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  3. 121beale121

121beale121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Luca, you have made me realise that just because I failed before perhaps it was due to lack of determination and time from my side previously.

4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It took only one post from a complete stranger to make you realize that? Perhaps along with more determination you need help with advertising/promoting.

Listen, stick to your convictions and see the thing through. Don't drive in reverse gear unless you are losing big money. The ones who succeed are the ones who don't throw in the towel. You have a vision see it as it will be, not as it is. Good luck to you with all.

Spoiltdiva, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  5. 121beale121

121beale121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I thought my original goals were to high when I made this thread, thanks for your advice I will stick to it and hopefully I will be as successful as everyone else here on digital point.

6. Owen.P

Owen.P Member

Best Answers:
    Just a friendly word, if people had good ideas for a niche of a site, do you not think they would attempt to create those sites themselves instead of give you their ideas for free?

Be creative; look around the web at successful websites and search into what makes them successful and what the big appeal is for the end user of that site.

Owen.P, Dec 11, 2013 IP
    IMServicesLtd likes this.
  7. Noticed

Noticed Active Member

Best Answers:
    My advise to you, would honestly be to look at other poker affiliation websites and see what you think they're missing and ask around also to other poker players and see what they think. Just try to improve what they're missing and put your own spin on things, you can also try niche markets but that might be harder said than done. I would also add a blog (if you haven't already) to the website and update it regularly maybe twice a week with unique content even if it's for the beginner poker player as articles like that will eventually start ranking in google.

A lot of people mistake word of mouth for getting traffic also, it can be better than SEO in my opinion as you get recurring visitors.

Noticed, Dec 11, 2013 IP
    IMServicesLtd likes this.
  8. tymsh

tymsh Active Member

Best Answers:
    - start with a small e-commerce website. for example, about selling cute baby socks.
    - do everything perfectly.
    - buy some premium best quality themes, write some unique articles, never cheat, never lie, never cloaking, never etc.
    - buy expensive VPS's for your customers satisfaction. pay for them 145$ per month.
    - and see that nothing happens.
    - see that you earn 89$ via adsense.
    - see that, only bad peoples and cheaters win.

- setup another website.
    - make some e-whoring.
    - tell the people, "i'm so horny and selling my used socks."
    - sell them 30$
    - some hacklinking, some cloaking, spamming..

after one month, you are rich.

it's never enough to be a honest man unfortunately.

tymsh, Dec 11, 2013 IP
    IMServicesLtd and matt_62 like this.
  9. The Entrepreneur Cure

The Entrepreneur Cure Active Member

Best Answers:
    My Advise :

1. Realization of Ethics - If you realize that perhaps you have a million concepts for this website idea, a disorganized method of getting them done, not enough time to achieve them and a constant issue with being able to focus this could be a determining factor in your success. You are your own downfall and I'm sure your tired of hearing from everyone else but I know you are looking at this with renewed interest and vigor since you've now identified that you have to change the way your approach this as a business. Don't think negatively on your success, simply take the fact that you failed once as your lesson in success dealing with web businesses.
    2. Organization - Start using sites like Basecamp or your Google Documents to create spreadsheets, actionable tasks and deadlines for certain things you want to get done with regarding the execution of your site. This ties with the first point: Get yourself disciplined to following through with what you place on your tasks lists.
    3. Research - Have you checked your competition? Do you have a list of the top 10 companies generating income in this niche? Are you able to determine what sets each apart to give that particular company their edge? Are you able to duplicate this and exceed what they've started? Do you have an assistant in place to bounce ideas off of regarding great marketing concepts to get your name out there? How many sites, forums, groups are you involved in that have an idea that you have a site out there? Take atleast 2 hours a day and research new marketing concepts and ways you can top yourself from the previous day or week ( spread this time out throughout the day so, count it as your down time).
    4. Affiliations - Are you signed up as an affiliate to sites in your niche? Do you have a friend or an expert in the game that will give you a good recommendation in exchange for stock in the site's earnings? Consider creating affiliations with writers, players or individuals whom have the knowledge in the niche to provide a reputation behind referring your site.
    5. Content - Do you have a writer with knowledge of the niche to produce content daily? If not, you need one. Consider that you want to pay for quality so if you have a set budget for a week or a month that may perhaps increase as the popularity increases considering making this known to the writer before you start working with them. You'd be surprised how many writers will create partnerships to create custom content, market in other forums, backlink and guest post on the site's behalf. Don't expect this to be cheap.
    You seem to have a pretty good gauge of what you want to achieve with your site and I hope the best for you. I'm a writer whom specializes in Social Media Marketing, feel free to contact me if you want to discuss what I can help you with for your site.

The Entrepreneur Cure, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  10. pearllike

pearllike Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My advice to you is to start with a blog website. You want to upload new content on regular basis so it will be best option for you. You can write on "How to do ......" kind of questions so your page rank will increase very fast.

pearllike, Dec 12, 2013 IP
  11. gambler53

gambler53 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is some great advice. Don't spread yourself too think like I do. :) However, I have a team of people helping me promote our sites.

gambler53, Dec 12, 2013 IP
  12. rite123

rite123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with this post and good suggestion.

rite123, Dec 13, 2013 IP