1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If You Could Start Over Again...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by theor23, Dec 15, 2013.

As a beginner in the realm of internet marketing, I wanted to get some ideas from you guys. I want to create a website, as far as what I'm looking to sell, is still an investigation I'm undertaking. For those who have a couple years experience, what would you have done differently? What plan of action would you implement for a beginner such as myself and others?

theor23, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  2. Beth Hewitt

Beth Hewitt Member

Best Answers:
    I did start over last year. And granted it wasn't starting from nothing because I had built up a following and build relationships with lots of awesome people. I would say, really focus on a niche, create social presence around your site. Start to be known as the go to person in that area. Build your list from day one and continuously communicate with your list, even when you have nothing to sell.

Have a free offer that people actually need, you might need to do a bit more research about this, by hanging out in their target markets stomping ground. be unique and never give up :)

Beth Hewitt, Dec 18, 2013 IP
  3. PPC_SuperMaster

PPC_SuperMaster Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The most important thing, in my opinion, is active and effective promotion strategy of your website. The more traffic you attract to your site - the more revenue you get - it's logic, isn't it. The most effective promotion methods are social networks - like Facebook Ads or Google+, Twitter etc.

PPC_SuperMaster, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  4. TheAnimatorGuy

TheAnimatorGuy Member

Best Answers:
    Well, in my opinion (which actually helped me a lot) you should make a daily/weekly assignments. For example, spend atleast 30 minutes a day tending to your website. You can change the number of course. Don't get frustrated at first breakpoint (there will be many), learn from your mistakes, take it as experience and keep going on. Then you can make a "To-Do" list what you gonna do every day. For Example: Monday - upgrading the site, Wednesday - responding to emails, Saturday - getting traffic. A plan is a necessity to your success.

TheAnimatorGuy, Dec 21, 2013 IP
    NetStar likes this.
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    They first question I'd ask would be: Do you have a day job? If you don't then I'd ask: Do you have cash saved to fall back on in case it takes you 6 mo. to a year before you see some cash flow (provided everything is going well)? If you don't have a job or enough cash saved, I'd encourage you to find at least a part time job first.

Back in 2005 I quit my job rather hastily, so that I could do some IM. Things were going well for a while, but then I realized that it was a bad decision quitting my job so soon. I could've easily done both. So, don't quit your job if your business isn't almost fully developed and producing enough cash.

As far as a plan of action. It all boils down to traffic. To gain traffic without some serious advertising is virtually impossible. So, be prepared to spend several hours throughout a week tweaking with your paid advertising, G+, twitter, facebook accounts and then some. It's all about getting the word out through online advertising.

qwikad.com, Dec 21, 2013 IP
  6. Victoria Stone

Victoria Stone Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I started out 20 years ago (yikes very nearly 21!). If I could go back in time, I'd choose a niche I enjoyed.

Beth gave you great advice. I'll just try and add some instead of reiterating.

Suggested plan of action:

1. Figure out what you enjoy the most in life and jot them all down.
    2. Look into how you could monetize your favorite things on that list.
    3. Ask yourself which item you could dedicate yourself to for the next, say, 24 months.
    4. Choose that niche.
    5. Develop a website around it.
    6. Learn all aspects of free traffic (first) and implement them.
    7. Plow back some of your profits to enhance growth.
    8. When it's running smoothly, consider outsourcing and repeating the process, or just continuing on your own.

Back when I started, social networks were no important. Of course, that isn't the case any more, so be sure to concentrate a lot of your traffic endeavors here.

Victoria Stone, Dec 21, 2013 IP
  7. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:

What you two said has nothing in common. Is that some kind of instant female connection there? :)

By the way, you sound like you have been around the block a few times. I enjoy reading your posts. What took you so long to find/join this forum?

qwikad.com, Dec 21, 2013 IP
  8. Victoria Stone

Victoria Stone Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Haha No. I connect with both sexes equally well - or badly!

Thank you! What kept me from posting here? Time, mostly. I'm glad to be here now, though. I'll have to watch out for you posts so I can return the compliment!

Victoria Stone, Dec 21, 2013 IP