1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website Ideas

Discussion in 'General Business' started by SteveDarcy, Dec 20, 2013.

Ok so I had to sell my websites a few months ago due to a crazy time in work. I am not ready to get back on the horse but need a good idea for my new website.

I am hoping for a subscription kind of website

I don't want to dive into a deep niche as I have done that before and struggled to find customers.

Anyone have any advise or assistance.

SteveDarcy, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  2. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Come up with the idea on your own or don't bother. I never heard of someone saying "Hey Tai food is pretty hot.. you should open a Tai restaurant" then the Plumber by trade goes in to the Tai Food business successfully.....

NetStar, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  3. SliceOfLife

SliceOfLife Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I see what you did there.

I also agree, do something you like - not something simply suggested by other people. Gay dating niche works pretty well, but it doesn't mean you wanna do stuff like that.

SliceOfLife, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  4. Victoria Stone

Victoria Stone Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What you have to do is consider your passions in life and determine which ones can make you money. Devoting yourself to a business you enjoy is always the best way to go and it shows to those of us who consider becoming customers. Passion sells!

Victoria Stone, Dec 21, 2013 IP
    makeit easy likes this.
  5. owenbick

owenbick Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hello,
    I had the same problem as a kid. I wanted to be the next MySpace (ya, that long ago) or Yahoo! (Google wasn't that popular), but I had no ideas. I worked with it, and when I turned 14 I started Covalty, which generates over $1,000,000 a year. What I'm trying to say is come up with your own idea. If all else fails, a random idea generator will have to do the dirty work ;)

owenbick, Dec 22, 2013 IP
  6. Wizza

Wizza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I completely agree with Victoria and if I could like it I would lol. Think about the things that you have a deep passion for and use that to build your website.

My cousin has always been extremely interested in beauty products and fashion. She started writing a blog about various products last year just on a free blogging platform (blogger.com) and gained a quite a few followers. Companies started realizing her potential and have started sending her their products to review and now her reader base is huge and she has had articles published in various magazines and earns her money through advertising revenue and article publishing.

Just go with your heart, focus on your passion or find a gap in a market.

Wizza, Dec 23, 2013 IP