1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do paid posts on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn deliver a good ROI?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Mira Petrov, Dec 16, 2013.

I wanted to inquire whether you believe the paid posts offered on Twitter, Facebook, and Linked are a good source of ROI, when used on the Business Page of a Lodging Operation- hotel? Can the eventual ROI from paid posts be tracked down easily?

Thank you.

Mira Petrov, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  2. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    You'll never know until you find out.

Joe@AdPatron, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  3. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've tried this and paid advertising on Facebook and found the ROI to be quite low. People are there to socialize, not to look at advertisements and promoted items. Results may vary from person to person though.

danasurvey, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  4. talkcarinsurance

talkcarinsurance Member

Best Answers:
    I have tried Facebook advertisements recently. Just wasted a lot of money. You get a lot of likes for your website and pages but you don't get the clicks to make money. Unless you have a very cool offer that will naturally go viral, I doubt you could make money.

talkcarinsurance, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  5. Paco Arroyo

Paco Arroyo Member

Best Answers:
    Try to target people (possible customer) using filters by interests, gender and age, In this way you will reach your niche and increase conversion rates. You can get lot of customers and likes on FB using this feature.

Paco Arroyo, Jan 9, 2014 IP
  6. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Paid post in social media sites provide only fast and short-term results. I would suggest to make your own effort to socialize with your targeted visitors and provide them what they need through posting interesting content that will benefit the members.

KylieSweet, Jan 13, 2014 IP
  7. drumminlogan

drumminlogan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you know what you're doing, paid posts can provide amazing ROI. However every offer is different and it takes a good budget to test, tweak, test, tweak, etc... until you see positive ROI.

drumminlogan, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  8. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For lodging niche, Facebook ads works better. You need to offer discount and/or other incentives for people to book. Direct sales on social media is harder, but it does work if done properly. Here's a lit of over 20 case studies on direct sales on social media.

http://www.4th-media.com/case_studies/direct_sales.php

dejaone, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  9. koreancowboy

koreancowboy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What is your metric for a great ROI?

Whenever I was doing paid FB ads, I split tested them with boosting posts that I created in the FB page. By targeting the traffic (based on where it was coming from, as far as the site/FB page goes), I was able to get a CTR of around 4-6%, versus .5-2% for the ads.

Also, I had a hard time getting the ads approved, whereas boosting the posts was easy. I would try it for yourself (if you don't already have one, set up a FB page and start posting content).

koreancowboy, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  10. koreancowboy

koreancowboy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Agreed, I wouldn't just focus of paid adverts, it should be a piece in the big puzzle that is your advert strategy. The most important thing is to create great content that people will want to like, comment on, and share.

koreancowboy, Jan 28, 2014 IP