1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie facebook marketing help!!!

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by AlexBlairShaw, Jan 20, 2014.

Hi im Alex.
    I just started marketing today my funny t shirt eCommerce site on facebook and I would love some feedback as to what im doing right and wrong. I created the campaign for a specific market using a quote from a anchorman movie "I love Lamp". The photo is a shirt with that quote on it with a red border around the outside(to help it stand out). I chose to market to people in Australia (must be) Male, 18-45 years old, with interests as the 2 Anchorman movies, Will Ferrell and Ron Burgundy. The budget was $6 a day.

After about 9 hours it i noticed people who saw it on mobiles were the most successful with about 350 reached and 11 clicks with a CTR of over 3%( Which from what I know is extremely good). People who view it on desktop Computers had about 70 reached with 0 clicks. On mobile people cost per like was 74c (I think a bit high).

how can I lower the cost per like? Should I stop marketing to desktop computer people? Do some adds work better for people on mobiles than others? I was planning on leaving this campaign on for a few days then changing it... is that a good idea? is google adwords a good idea for my products?

heres my pages if you want to check them out
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Funny-Shirts-Australia/573867816032354
    http://funnyshirtsaustralia.com/

Any feedback and advice would be much appreciated...
    Thanks Alex.

AlexBlairShaw, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  2. MikeLugar

MikeLugar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great job so far, I used to use Facebook ads to sell Vista Print Business cards before they cracked down on affiliate codes etc, and I made out very well. $6/day is quite low, Facebook ads have gotten more and more expensive than they used to be. Have you made any sales yet?

In my opinion it is still too early to determine how you need to adjust your campaign. You also need to ask yourself if people are more likely to purchase from you on the computer or on their phone? Also, is your website fully functional on mobile phones for people to make an easy purchase?

MikeLugar, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  3. AlexBlairShaw

AlexBlairShaw Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Mike,
    no haven't had any sales yet. Ok thanks for the feedback, ill keep that in mind.
    Alex.

4. MikeLugar

MikeLugar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could try some aggressive self promotion which is free. Have you setup a pinterest account to post images of your Shirts that link back to your site? Pinterest is great for stuff like that.

MikeLugar, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  5. AlexBlairShaw

AlexBlairShaw Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, yea I will get a pinterest account, just set up google+.

6. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook ads has been getting expensive. You may need a different ad copy for targeting desk top users. Also try other methods to grow traffic organically. That's the whole point of social media.

dejaone, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  7. John Eulizer Nimo

John Eulizer Nimo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey man, great job so far. I'd like to suggest that you add several customized tabs, one to a welcome page, one to your official site and an optional tab that leads to a squeeze page if you're giving out stuff. cheers!

John Eulizer Nimo, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  8. eddied1990

eddied1990 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you need to market on twitter, you can t lack in any one of the social media top 3. facebook twitter and google +. i have 150,000 twitter followers and 5k likes on facebook but twitter is where i get most of the hits. no matter how hard i try facebook twitter is my niche maybe its because the business i am in. suggest getting followers and likes, we provide them if you are interested DM me. but good job on your site overall.

eddied1990, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  9. mimi.lovell

mimi.lovell Peon

Best Answers:
    what is the best bsuiness to market on facebook?

mimi.lovell, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  10. SKMoe

SKMoe Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree pinterest is great for business. 80% of pins are repins so one post can be seen many times. Pinterest also has a higher conversion thatn other social media sites.

SKMoe, Feb 19, 2014 IP