1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Does Your Home Office Look Like? - My Battlestation in Bali + Motivational Prank to Biz Partner

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Clayton Ferguson, Jan 18, 2014.

Do most people here work from home? What are the essentials you couldn't live without at your battlestation?

Here's my current setup where I work. The quote on the underside of the glass table reads:

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit. -Aristotle"

[​IMG]

Motivational Pranking

I live in Bali with my business partner who I've known for a long time. One of his primary focuses when moving over here was to become a skilled copywriter. The past two months he's been working through courses, re-writing histories famous sales letters, and reading top industry books... but he hasn't written a SINGLE sales letter himself.

He mentioned his success barrier the other day, said once he got the blank page infront of him it just wasn't working and he couldn't get himeself to write.

There's a MASSIVE glass table where both our laptops are most of the day. But also there's stacks of books, notepads, sketchpads, and an extra laptop with speakers for music. I woke up really late and cleared every bloody thing off the table, hid all 7 chairs leaving only one and taped together 3 sets of blank pages (blank sales letters to be written) His laptop was gone and the only thing remaining on the table were pens, blank sales letters, and his re-writes of histories most famous sales letters.

Metaphor being; free from distraction it becomes obvious what you need to do.

Clayton Ferguson, Jan 18, 2014 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  2. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your office is beautiful. It must be hard to work in such a great environment, I'd want to spend all my time outside, maybe sitting under that palm tree. :)

Re the copywriting....a blank page can be a writer's greatest fear and biggest obstacle. Tell him to just start, write anything just to get the wheels turning. Free association writing can be a big help when you have writer's block.

By the way, did your partner find the prank funny?

Annea, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  3. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Amazing, I really like what you did with the office. And the part with the quote... Good job man! :)

I do also have an office at home since I'm in this business for quite long. I do love when my office is clean and organized, it gives me more energy to work.

VukasinI, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  4. onlineaholic

onlineaholic Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's my room:

[​IMG]

JK lol

onlineaholic, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  5. VukasinI

Best Answers:
    I don't understand how anyone work in such a mess. I would gone crazy after two hours ....

VukasinI, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  6. onlineaholic

onlineaholic Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I hope you know I just found this pic online.

onlineaholic, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  7. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    That quote seems lacking. I like Victory Loves Preparation.

Joe@AdPatron, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  8. VukasinI

Best Answers:
    I know. :)
    But I'm really worried for a person who is working in that room.

VukasinI, Jan 25, 2014 IP