1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone else start websites before they're "finished"

Discussion in 'General Business' started by sweetpea69, Jan 30, 2014.

I feel as if I am starting and largely "abandoning" my websites before they are finished. Albeit; a website is never really "finished." Any one else ever feel overwhelmed by the number of websites you have, and frustrated that some of your websites could be real money makers; but they never come to full fruition?

It's frustrating when you just can't find the time or patience to see a website through!! Anyone else?

sweetpea69, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  2. de7erv

de7erv Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know exactly how you feel.
    It's frustrating if you don't find the time to do it..

de7erv, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I pretty much always concentrate on maximum 2 projects only. One large project is the best option for me. When I read how some guys run 10-20 website simultaneously, I can't help but question the quality of those websites, but most importantly, if those guys are sane. :)

qwikad.com, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  4. MujtabaK

MujtabaK Active Member

Best Answers:
    well if the web properties are making you money then its time to invest into a team and get the employees do work for you. I have around 8 sites in operation and each making $6-8k a month, when i made first $10k I hired couple of guys to work.

that's how it works :)

MujtabaK, Jan 30, 2014 IP
    Alyssa Lochmore likes this.
  5. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nope, unfortunately not enough that I could or would outsource some of the work. I wish. I think the problem with me is that I'm constantly browsing forums like this, or websites selling on Flippa, and think "Well, I can do that no problem." Unfortunately, that's rarely the case. Or I'll find a deleted domain, do some research on what I can do with it, and then get myself into some "deep water". I think it's time I made a schedule and devote some # of days to one site, and so forth. It pisses me off hahaha.

sweetpea69, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  6. MujtabaK

MujtabaK Active Member

Best Answers:

That'd be great. If you need any help you can ask me regarding SEO, Flipping etc. Put some efforts and all will go good.. stay blessed :)

MujtabaK, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  7. LeadMaster

LeadMaster Peon

Best Answers:
    It is common to go through trial and error in finding what you want to do over the long term. It's exciting have a fab idea and want a website ASAP but not exciting to see the whole project crumble because a solid plan wasn't put in place before the launch. It is ideal to do research, do short term trials, etc. to see if the project is right for you before putting up a site. --Lauren

(On a personal note, I have put time into projects that ended up coming to a halt, mostly because I lost interest)

LeadMaster, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  8. gambler53

gambler53 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The most ambitious people often bite off more than they can chew. I try to focus on the sites that I first created that are priority, then work on the ones that can wait. Sometimes, I outsource when I feel too overwhelmed so I can finish my projeccts faster.

gambler53, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  9. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great to hear all the responses. The way I look at it when I'm thinking that I have so many underdeveloped sites is..."whatever, they have some content so I'll give google some time to index and rank it." It makes me feel a bit better. Even if Google is really looking for websites with continuous new content and updates.

sweetpea69, Feb 1, 2014 IP
  10. Sarah Davis

Sarah Davis Active Member

Best Answers:
    You just need to see it through. I always make sure to do a lot of research to make sure the niche is profitable. This is usually enough motivation for me to keep going. You can always hire assistants to help manage the site and built it if it gets too much for you.

Sarah Davis, Feb 1, 2014 IP
  11. Wae Athenway

Wae Athenway Member

Best Answers:
    My suggestion? Hire a professional who actually knows his work.

Wae Athenway, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  12. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Focusing on 1 project at a time works for me plus I don't want to compromise quality for quantity.

Dionne Taylor, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  13. John Eulizer Nimo

John Eulizer Nimo Active Member

Best Answers:
    "I know that feel bro"

When I first started out, I had 5 websites up and running and I never completed any of them they were at 20% completion. a year passed and the domains expired. It's always good to focus on 1 authority site alone.

John Eulizer Nimo, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  14. Gaiacom_LC

Gaiacom_LC Member

Best Answers:
    No, I will keep my team's platforms on hold indefinitely until I see the level of finish and detail that I want. :)

Gaiacom_LC, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  15. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    So what the biggest "signifier" for you all? Let's say you start 5 nic
    Yeah, that sounds a lot like me, but times 2. I have a couple other questions for anyone that could answer. What's the major "signifier" that a website could be profitable (aside from CPC). For example, I started a website about a month back that's gotten roughly 500 unique visits, just about all organic. In my experience with websites, that's quite a bit for doing next to nil on marketing, and for just starting out. Is that a good sign I should stick with that site and see that it's further developed? I guess my question is, what is the criteria a website must have for YOU to continue developing it?

Similarly, how many of you DP'ers, use adsense?, and with actual success? Personally, I use Chrome w/ Adblock, I just always have the inkling that Adsense and similar are largely dead. Do you find that with niche sites geared towards the "older generations" can be more profitable? Definitely a generalization, and not trying to offend any one. Just curious.

sweetpea69, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  16. Adam James Jack

Adam James Jack Banned

Best Answers:
    Yep! i control 50+ websites/domains and i only have 5-6 actually doing anything. My eyes were bigger than my belly!

Adam James Jack, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  17. John Eulizer Nimo

John Eulizer Nimo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I
    Any website is profitable as long as its properly developed. If you're getting 500 unique visits all from organic traffic, then as per my experience, you have a goldmine right there. Monetize the site, integrate adsense or banners. Monitor traffic more. CPA would help. Or you can put in a pop up optin form. Your site is getting traffic, so you're one step ahead of some people who still struggle with targeted audiences. Practically textbook marketing. Expand.

And as for using adsense, I haven't had the chance to use it so I really can't answer your question. :)

John Eulizer Nimo, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  18. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    It can be hard to stick to a website. It's a lot of work. If you start getting enough disposable income from it, I would suggest outsourcing it or find a way to make it work.

BoostSoftware, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  19. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I never even think about it from that stand point. I think that anything has the potential to turn a profit. Some probably easier than others, sure, but my general thought is to stick to what you enjoy. If it is something you like then it will be easier for you to take your involvement to the next level and probably become an authority on the topic. If nothing else, it will seem a lot less like work and a lot more like fun. The profits will come, and when they do, it will almost be like getting paid to play.

I use it sparingly here and there, but not much to speak of at all. It never crosses my mind and I almost never even bother to check my stats there. I have never had any success with adsense that is worth mentioning. I mean, I've received checks from them, but nothing to write home about. Now that I've stopped using them much, I get maybe one check a year. That's pathetic if you ask me. I'd rather go through the trouble of selling my ad space directly. It is more work on my part but the end result is much more desirable.

Foxxy, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  20. Komicwords

Komicwords Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think that is what cost for experience. I fail several website and have more plan in near future. Yea it was little sad though but time heal the pain

Komicwords, Feb 6, 2014 IP