1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Setting up social network for new sites

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Aztral, Feb 5, 2014.

Hey there-sorry for such a newbie question, but I really haven't messed with social networking for my sites very much.

Kinda of looking for an overview of setting up Social Networking for new sites.
    At this time I'm just looking to setup FB, Twitter, G+ so I can put links on my websites for users to follow/share/etc.

For example: a FB like button. When someone clicks that button does it apply to the particular page with the button, the whole website, the FB userID, or a FB fanpage that has been setup?

Multiple accounts: Any TOS issues with setting up separate FB, Twitter, G+ for each website?

Any tools to speed up the process?

Aztral, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  2. chillingbreeze

chillingbreeze Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    These are very basic social media questions and you may have even more of those. Would be good to take a professional's help with paid one hour or so and take a skype consult.

Else, most of those answers are handy at quora and yahoo answers.

chillingbreeze, Feb 8, 2014 IP
  3. Nick02

Nick02 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you are using Wordpress you can use a plugin. There are tons of them, also free ones, that will generate social-ready blog for you.

Nick02, Feb 9, 2014 IP
  4. Aztral

Aztral Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nah..first sites are custom. I will doing some web apps, but I currently have the time to learn WP. I'm an ASP/Coldfusion dev and linux/php annoys me..lol.
    But ty.

I will keep looking, was just hoping for a quick overview. The various help pages on fb,tw,G+ leave much to be desired imho :)

Aztral, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  5. John Eulizer Nimo

John Eulizer Nimo Active Member

Best Answers:

Yeah, you should take into consideration a little professional help... you have advanced questions right there.

John Eulizer Nimo, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  6. Socialseo

Socialseo Member

Best Answers:
    Yup, try hiring a coder to program those links in there, they know what to do, shouldn't be expensive at all though. Good coders could do that in few minutes don't fall for someone trying to charge you hundreds of dollars for that easy job. It's as simple as entering a code and they can make them appear on all pages

Socialseo, Feb 14, 2014 IP
  7. Aztral

Aztral Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thankz for the replies.

But as I said..I'm the developer...lol. I was just looking for an overview of what kinda things could be liked,G+'d, etc. so this thread went way off track.
    I had just setup a Facebook page, and was confused that a FB like button could only "like" the FB page I had setup. With G+, I thought I could only "G+" a GooglePlus account.

For those that may wanna know, you can setup facebook like button, and G+ button for any page (still looking up Twitter).
    Just search for "javascript Facebook like" or "javascript G+" and find out how to do these. One <div> each, and some provided js...no paying for developer required ;)

Still checking on Twitter...will post back when I find out that info.

Again, thanks posters
    *** Aztral ***

Aztral, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  8. SliceOfLife

SliceOfLife Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With Twitter you will not have issues with multiple accounts, as long as we're not talking about thousands on them. Personally I think I have like 30 or so accounts for my projects, and all are in good standing. FB and G+ are a bit different, as you can use one single account in both to be the managing account of the pages. I'd really suggest you do this, as you're able to change the ownership of the page later on if you decide to sell the site itself.

SliceOfLife, Feb 25, 2014 IP
    Aztral likes this.