1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone else start websites before they're "finished"

Discussion in 'General Business' started by sweetpea69, Jan 30, 2014.

1. razashah

razashah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Same here! i got two projects, one is blogging and second is the shopping site, i started those projects but stopped at end to frustrated not sure why this happens and i am not taking interest right now on those projects even i know they can generate me few bux :(

razashah, Feb 7, 2014 IP
  2. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have a site that fits your description...
    100+/day - all organic...its nothing more then
    a silly blog with almost no content on a subject matter...
    lucky for me that subject can be turned into a store front....
    bad news, it is number 10 down the to-do list...I have
    sites much more important, and deserve more attention right now....
    the best i can for it at the moment is maybe add 1-3 posts of
    no content every 2-3 days so the organic keeps growing....
    I also have 5 keyword rich domains good for stores..
    (sitting and waiting)

dscurlock, Feb 7, 2014 IP
  3. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    "The cost of experience" just about sums it up.

A little off topic but while this thread is creating sum buzz, can anyone recommend an affiliate program with PPC for articles. Particularly "interesting" articles. Subjects can be broad, just attention getting. As in, I post a link to there article on my site and get paid per click. Can't post in the affiliate marking forum or I'd ask there ;)

sweetpea69, Feb 7, 2014 IP
  4. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    and some projects never stop costing....

dscurlock, Feb 7, 2014 IP
  5. John Eulizer Nimo

John Eulizer Nimo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I see, if there are more important sites that requires your attention at this point, then I think it would probably be best that you focus on them. Just continue to grow organic traffic. What's the niche of the blog though? Coz if you have like 100+ views, then a feasible thing to do would be to turn to CPA, visitors don't need to buy something, and you have a steady cash flow.

John Eulizer Nimo, Feb 8, 2014 IP
  6. dedideals

dedideals Member

Best Answers:
    Not for a long time but I Have in the past it just happens, you want to do something else and so forth, it's annoying but not too bad

dedideals, Feb 8, 2014 IP
  7. AffEngineer

AffEngineer Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can SO relate to this!

I think I started, (& ended prematurely), a good 20+ websites until I decided to stick with something :p.

My new set of rules when making a webites, I'm intending to keep is that it must be,
    - easy to make
    - of a topic I'm passionate abot to continue updating/writing
    - Can see how exactly I can monetize it

~ Mateen

AffEngineer, Feb 9, 2014 IP
  8. dailybread2011

dailybread2011 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If your website gets 500+/month then I would think the most important thing to do is to use that site to build a list. Seriously, in a few months you could have a list of thousands that you can market to again and again. Whatever your subject is, create a short report/video giving some good information about it and get people to opt-in to your email list to get it. Then send them emails via an autoresponder with good information to build trust, then offer them your FULL paid product at a special discounted price to make them feel special. Also send them to affiliate offers related to your subject where you get paid just for selling other people's products.

You are doing great! You have traffic and that is more than most marketers. Now you just need to collect names and email addresses and sell stuff.

dailybread2011, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  9. Sabrina73

Sabrina73 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Back in the day I ran 5 websites simultaneously and they were all complete and demanding my full attention--not to mention I was a full-time college student. Only one them was successful. I ended up selling because I started another business, so I didn't have time for it.

Now, I have one site and in the process of starting another. I said I would never do that again. :)

Sabrina73, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  10. SliceOfLife

SliceOfLife Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depends how they're run and built. If one starts 20 projects at the same time, then I guess the quality will go down - but if one builds them up individually up to the point where you have the base content, have some ranking and flow of visitors, then all you need to do is to keep the content updated: and that can either be outsourced or just done couple times a month. Depends about the type of the sites, sure, but for some "static" blogs updating on monthly basis is fine after you've ranked it.

SliceOfLife, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  11. uand.eye

uand.eye Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've got about 30 domains right now. Most are pretty much dormant. I'm currently working on about 5-6 projects they all make a little bit of money, but only one is really paying decent money. I have one which is getting quite good traffic without any seo or marketing, so I'm going to focus on that for the next few months and hopefully it should start making a profit soon. As for the others I will probably start to sell some off as I am never going to get the time to work on them.

uand.eye, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  12. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's what I am now in the process of doing. Cleaning house haha. I have a little over 200 domains and a dozen websites to get rid of. I think i get more of a thrill from selling websites, than creating ones with meaningful (to me) content. Still trying to find a niche site I'll really enjoy developing.

sweetpea69, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  13. uand.eye

uand.eye Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that's they key. Finding something you have enough interest in to want to keep writing about it. Hopefully that something will be in a high paying niche.

uand.eye, Feb 19, 2014 IP
  14. dailybread2011

dailybread2011 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think the greatest motivators for a website to be continually updated are:
    1. It is making you money. (That's why you are doing this, yes?)
    2. It contains a subject you are interested in and enjoy updating.
    Trouble is, you can have one without the other. Nevertheless, if you are making money with a site that is a great motivation to make more money with the site. This doesn't necessarily have to involve adding content every day, though that will definitely help as Google loves new, updated content on a website and that is how you build an authority website. Perhaps what you need to do is to think of other ways to monetize (God, I hate that word) your website so it is more effective at making you money. Adsense - though that is usually a few cents per day and dead slow. Banners with links to affiliate products. Allowing product owners to advertise on your site for a price. Your own product to sell. Selling your own product allows you to:
    1. Keep all the profits.
    2. Obtain email addresses from everybody who buys your prodcut.
    3. Create a relationship with and market to everyone on your email list over and over.

dailybread2011, Feb 19, 2014 IP
  15. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agree 100% percent. I got into websites purely for the reason of make money and of course, I love learning a new skill. I think that's the biggest pitfall that doesn't hit home until you've spent the hours, days, months, years... making money is a great motivator but shouldn't be the first or only. At least for anyone new that wants to avoid the frustration. I skipped the blog and went straight for money making websites. So when the websites "fail", I end up with a site that you could care less about and another month+++ down the drain and a pissed off me hahahha. At the end of the today, building both profitable and fun websites is hard work, and seems to take a longgg time to do it right.

sweetpea69, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  16. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    I like sticking to my websites :)

I STUCK to YouTube and made / produced and then uploaded 700 videos in 1.5 years,

sundaybrew, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  17. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Glad you brought that up. I'm considering doing something along similar lines...creating unique videos. Quite a few. What's your experience with it. It's some thing I'd enjoy doing, but was it worth the time for you?

18. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    not the experience of making the videos, your experience with youtube and the site

19. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:

Yeah, worked out great, I was able to help many people from all over the world and I made a few bucks as well.

sundaybrew, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  20. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    Kudos to the ones actually making money from their sites. I have a lot to learn from you. I'm somewhat of a beginner yet. You have to have a certain standard. However, a site is never truly "finished." You can always find ways to make it better.

Alyssa Lochmore, Feb 20, 2014 IP