1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Business Model are These Websites Using?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by AutoKwame, Feb 10, 2014.

Hi, guys,

I have been toiling away for years trying to grow my website traffic, but to no avail. However, I am not giving up. In fact, I plan on developing several more websites.

That out of the way, I came across two websites that just blew my mind, not because they had mind-blowing content, because they were able to generate a large amount of traffic in a very short period of time. The websites are as follows:

1. celebzen.com
    2. fame10.com

Here some stats on each (let me know if I am missing anything else important):

Fame10: 5 months

Domain Authority:
    Celeb Zen: 28
    Fame10: 24

Alexa Rank:
    Celeb Zen: 4,965
    Fame10: 26,929

Neither of these websites have a high page authority, yet look at their Alexa ranks (I know there is controversy with the reliability of Alexa, but I doubt these companies are doing anything fishy, or may be they are?).

What is their secret? What business model are the using. I ask because I am currently working on a movie website and want to replicate whatever they are doing.

Is anyone familiar with any of this?

AutoKwame, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  2. Iconiplex

Iconiplex Member

Best Answers:
    Celeb Zen merely has high-ranking organic results for celebrity keywords. Fame10 both has organic rankings and ads, but 82% of their traffic is mobile, so they are doing something to target mobile users, which could be a number of things like in-app/game ads with, etc.

Iconiplex, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  3. AutoKwame

AutoKwame Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Iconiplex,

With regard to Celeb Zen, how did they know which keywords to target and what did they do to rank so high for them?

For Fame10, I am sure there are no apps or games. We also use the same WordPress theme. Are there really techniques specifically for targeting mobile users?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
    AutoKwame, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  4. Iconiplex

Iconiplex Member

Best Answers:
    While I can't take the time to audit these websites for free, keywords can easily be chosen using tools like the Google Keyword Planner, SEOmoz (Moz), SEMrush, Majestic SEO, etc. Thorough research needs to be done. Again, exact methods used to rank can't be determined without an audit, but they likely include standard SEO practices and nothing extremely unique, but still an substantial investment on their part.

I am just basing the mobile idea based on the Quantcast data on the website, so that is only as reliable as their data. There are of course specific ways of advertising directly to mobile users and platforms made for achieving this very thing...

Iconiplex, Feb 23, 2014 IP
  5. getakash1

getakash1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Money money .... Invest on quality Advertisement and you will see traffic . Thats what these websites have done i think :D
    And if u have a unique business model.... Your idea can go viral within days to generate traffic..
    I suggest you think of something unique to make your website on ....

If you dont have an idea p.m me .... I though of many ideas but have no time to work on them

getakash1, Feb 23, 2014 IP
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Feb 23, 2014 IP