1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice on starting on traveling website?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by damonmack, Feb 16, 2014.

I've been reading some information online but still need some advice. I want to start a online traveling website very similar to hotels.com and other sites. Basically a where a person can go and search for airline tickets, hotels and etc and make a purchase.

I was reading that in order to do this I would have to set up a business to get access to GDS(global distribution system). Any advice on how to do this?

damonmack, Feb 16, 2014 IP
  2. CanadianCorner

CanadianCorner Peon

Best Answers:
    First step: find out who owns GDS

CanadianCorner, Feb 16, 2014 IP
  3. Wen Von

Wen Von Banned

Best Answers:
    Start website offering products from reliable providers from affiliate networks like Google Network and they payouts on time.

Wen Von, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You can simply start a traveling site as an affiliate. Sign up as an affiliate with some major travel company, get their widgets, plop them into your site and voila.

qwikad.com, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  5. damonmack

damonmack Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the replies. i was planning on using an affiliate program like expedia but would i be able to authorized coupons to work on my site?

damonmack, Feb 27, 2014 IP
  6. Mistajack20

Mistajack20 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think if you were to affiliate with Expedia, you would most likely send the traffic from your site over to Expedia's site when they click the ad. Therefore your traffic wouldn't be purchasing directly from you and the coupons would be invalid. I could be wrong though... I didn't look into how Expedia's affiliate program works but most affiliate programs want to drive your traffic to their site, landing page, offer, etc.

Mistajack20, Feb 28, 2014 IP
  7. bizacquire

bizacquire Active Member

Best Answers:
    Or,
    maybe you can just write review from hotels at your city
    and after build on SEO and get traffic,
    just told them and charge monthly fee for your review.

bizacquire, Mar 7, 2014 IP
  8. AP sharma

AP sharma Banned

Best Answers:
    There are various online travel website such as Expedia that are making huge money.The question is How to make an online travel website and how this online search engine works.
    There are two ways of making travel based website i.e
    1. By becoming a affiliate of travel website
    2. Second is by creating your travel website portal and keep all profit with you.

There are Many online travel website which provide travel engine and you can use it free. Second way is you can buy your domain and hosting for creating you own website to run a travel portal.For this you can consult with high skilled web experts that offer you cost effective solutions.

IF you need any help, let me know.

Good Luck!!!

AP sharma, Mar 7, 2014 IP