1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I sold 250+ items In One Day!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by dscurlock, Mar 8, 2014.

I have xx amount of stores affiliated with x amount of affiliate sites.
    I log into one of my affiliate accounts today, and noticed I sold 250+ items...

have you ever sang this song "Im on my way to the bank....."

or this song...

"Im broke, Im bust, lets do it all over again"

and the reason I brought that up is because the items were not spread
    out what would seem as individual orders....

Item1: 25+ orders
    Item2: 225+ orders

Either fraud is going on here, or I caught some keyword
    gold mine in google or some search engine......

Have you ever got an absurd amount of orders in one day?

dscurlock, Mar 8, 2014 IP
  2. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Can you provide more details? How much was each item? Paypal as payment? Have you tracked any of this? Hits coming from, items sold, it's very vague.

thsadmin, Mar 9, 2014 IP
  3. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Item1: $25
    Item2: $35

As I mentioned, I am on several affiliate networks, and they do not share of how they get paid, most
    accept paypal, credit cards, etc, but that does not tell me exactly how they paid. The site is fairly
    new, and for whatever reason, google seems to have taken a keen interest in this one site; traffic
    went from 0 to 100 per day in two weeks or so, and never had a site index so quickly, around 10k or so....
    normally it takes forever just to get some type of indexing, and if everything is legit then that would
    mean a decent payday to add to my portfolio, and if not legit, then you know what happens then...

dscurlock, Mar 9, 2014 IP
  4. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmmm interesting....

Dionne Taylor, Mar 9, 2014 IP
  5. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sounds very odd, so your not getting much traffic? but you've sold a lot? it's hard to understand... I mean you said it's gone to 100 visits per day? yet you sold 250? Which makes sense if on or two buyers purchased a shit load. But is there a reason why someone would need a shit load of these items?

thsadmin, Mar 9, 2014 IP
  6. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can understand why you're a little nervous about it, I would be, too. Are you not using any tracking? No way to tell where that purchasing traffic is came from, or IPs? Details like that might provide you with clues.

Annea, Mar 9, 2014 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Can you see the details (i.e., the buyers) of these orders? Should be pretty easy to spot fraud if you can look at the actual orders. It does sound very suspicious to me and I would not yet be spending the money nor shipping product.

jrbiz, Mar 9, 2014 IP
  8. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    I am not the source, just another affiliate, and I have no control how the seller/source will view this....
    and I surely have no control over the seller sending out their products, nor do I have buyer info.
    As for as IP's are concerned, yes, I have ips but unless I know exactly when the order took
    place, then I am just looking at IP's and thinking that ever IP is suspect, as this order was in
    a 5 day window, meaning it took place within the last 5 days, nothing more then that.

However, you are right, no need jumping the gun and run out on a spending spree just yet...

I just assume every order is bad until I get paid commission on it....

9. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    exactly what I have been asking myself, why would one person order all this stuff (non-wholesale)?
    They would not make a profit as they would have to mark the stuff up even higher...my other theory is
    that I could have hit a keyword gold mind that brought in buyers, then I think, how likely is that....

correct, started out just like any new site, and within two weeks was up to 100 visitors/day.
    then couple days ago, affiliate report displayed 250+ orders, and the report does not disquinish
    between a single order or multiple orders, so all this could have been done by just one person
    or a whole slew of people could have been the buyers; but I do know this; I do know
    one thing for sure; visitor tracking has been steady of about 100/day, and I know that for sure...
    but that does not say much anyway, 100 visitors/day within a 5 day windows does not tell me much.
    not like I can do much anyway, I am just the affiliate working for the man, nothing more, if it is legit, then I get paid, if not,
    then the comm gets taken back, and that is how the game is played.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  10. Mijendra k.c.

Mijendra k.c. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    can you please describe it in some better way??

Mijendra k.c., Mar 10, 2014 IP