1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Odesk Biding

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Kamaldeep Singh SEO, Apr 12, 2014.

Hello guys I am new on Odesk I have 20 bids on odesk but I don't get any work :( please suggest me how to get online Work

Kamaldeep Singh SEO, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  2. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    I got a suggestion, read carefully their instructions and follow their instructions. For example you are posting this thread in the General Business Thread, what has your thread got to do with General Business Discussion? I am not surprise you will not get any jobs at all if this is how you work. I have moved your thread to the general Chat. Do read the instructions there and also read our rules here!

wisdomtool, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  3. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to create a very good profile, do the tests, and make sure you get some high scores.
    Profile is everything.

scurvy, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  4. funmom91

funmom91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It is important to make sure that your profile is up to date, you have scored high on tests within your niche, and you have to read the buyers instructions before you place a bid.

funmom91, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  5. winnerdomains

winnerdomains Active Member

Best Answers:
    When you are just starting out you have to be willing to do jobs for pennies on the dollar to build a solid profile.

winnerdomains, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  6. Zoti Media Group

Zoti Media Group Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Zoti Media Group, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  7. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not enough information.

How did you bid? With a template? With a couple of short lines?
    What's your profile look like?
    What jobs are you bidding on?
    What experience do you have to offer?
    Do you have a portfolio?
    What prices do you charge in relation to experience and other bidders?

It sounds like you expected to sign in and just pick jobs off a list. oDesk (and the other bidding sites) is not like Microworkers: you have to make a significant effort if you want to get jobs.

TIEro, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I found two Kamaldeep Singh's on oDesk but both have won work so I'm assuming neither were you. Maybe you could post a link to your profile and it may help us to review your approach.

sarahk, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  9. Kamaldeep Singh SEO

Kamaldeep Singh SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes, Here My Profile Link please check it odesk.com/users/~01a510e881a12d7bb4

Kamaldeep Singh SEO, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  10. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    You're all over the place: it is very unclear what you do, from your profile. Your SEO/SEM test scores are low for an SEO executive/professional (or whatever you want to call yourself), and even your oDesk readiness score is bad (66%).

Your overview's intro para is a mess, with all sorts of rubbish thrown in. The big list of things after that is untitled (so the reader has no idea what it is) - if this is a list of what you do, I would suggest summarising it into the intro para, then laying out the details in the list (which you need to standardise, as each item reads completely differently).

You have no portfolio or existing work: have you never done any of this stuff, even for your own sites?

Obviously, we can't see your bids from that page, so I can't comment on those. I'd be willing to bet that you typed a couple of sentences and told people to look at your profile, right? Doesn't work. The employer's got 150 bids on every job - you have to do the work of picking out what skills suit the task and applying for the job.

Don't ever expect an employer on a bidding site to give a crap about your profile or random URLs you provide in a bid: as someone who has hired on bidding sites, I can assure you that there isn't enough time. With hundreds of bids on a job, the first cut gives each person about 10 seconds of reading time.

Edit: forgot one thing. You need to focus - what is the ONE thing someone would hire you for, in a single phrase? That's your "elevator pitch" and should be prominent. Think results, not tasks.

TIEro, Apr 14, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.