1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I shut down my website

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mrweb, Apr 14, 2014.

Hello, I have been working on my website for 3 year (http://www.urweddingtv.com) for streaming wedding, and I added a blog with 200 articles, but I still get almost no traffic. I think the website idea is not attractive, although it is a new idea. I'm thinking about shut it down and not to renew the host and the domain. What do you think?

Thanks

mrweb, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  2. prozeal

prozeal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi mrweb, a few questions. Over the 3 years you've been working on it, how many people actually used the service to broadcast their wedding live from last year till to date? What was your traffic from last year to date?

I see you have recorded ones too, I'm assuming more people uploaded recorded videos than broadcasted it live, is that correct? If so what is the numerical comparison of each? With this I can tell you if it's a good idea or not.

prozeal, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  3. KonRadicool

KonRadicool Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you just haven't marketed it properly. Maybe you need to rethink your strategy. If you are not getting traffic maybe it is because you haven't optimized it properly yet.
    Try going to wedding forums and networks and interacting with them to find out if it is a service that is widely sought out after. If you put in 3 years of hard work then maybe its at a tipping point and about to work.
    Regards
    KonRadicool

KonRadicool, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  4. rajamanickam.a

rajamanickam.a Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you are working on many websites, it is better to shut down the site which is not improving many years. But if it is your only one website, then keep this and explore various ways to get traffic.
    For example, I am working on developing www.thequotes.net for more than 3 years without getting any significant revenue. But I put lot of time and effort to develop it, by hoping that it will give huge returns in future. At the same time, I had shut down more than 10 websites. i-e If you believe that your website is worth spending time/effort keep it , otherwise shutdown.

rajamanickam.a, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  5. mrweb

mrweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Prozeal people used the service 4 or 5 times, and they cannot upload videos just record it

mrweb, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  6. mrweb

mrweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    KonRadicool I failed to market it, yes. But ads need a lot of money I cannot afford big campaigns

mrweb, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  7. mrweb

mrweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    rajamanickam.a no, I don't have other site to work on

mrweb, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  8. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    Marketing your website does not necessarily mean you need to spend big money. It's time consuming but it will pay off after a while. For example on google + you have huge wedding communities that you could join and talk with. Get Ideas to better your product etc. and also they are very responsive. Thats just one source of traffic that you could be apart of which could help you market your website. Type in wedding blogs in google, wedding forums and you will end up with even more places to get your name out to.
    Once you begin generating money that is when you can begin to spend money on other types of marketing
    Regards
    Konrad

KonRadicool, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  9. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    The amount of work you already seem to have put into the website... I think it would be a huge bummer to let it all go to waste. Maybe invest in some marketing. I know you said you don't have the funds, but even a small investment in the right place may provide astounding results. Also, with the ability to live-stream events on YouTube, it seems like your website has a competitor you can't really work against.

Basically, what I'm asking is — Do you have anything on your website that really puts it over the top compared to all the other websites on the web? If the answer is "yes" don't drop the project and keep working. If "no", then, sorry. Seems like you might have to start working on something new. I hope it all works out for you.

YJunK, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  10. mrweb

mrweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do I have anything on my website that really puts it over the top compared to youtube? No

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    mrweb, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  11. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    Then I think YJunk has found the answer you have been after

12. mrweb

mrweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think so. Thanks :)

mrweb, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  13. jkfuturetech

jkfuturetech Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you believe in your Idea and work towards it, trust me you will generate a lot of traffic. you got think off creative way of marketing your website. do a survey and see what people in person thinks about your idea / website and ask them what features they would like to see then implement it in your website.

jkfuturetech, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  14. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    I think you should read the whole thread before posting :)

15. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    You probably haven't been marketing it properly. Maybe just posting content without marketing it? Idk but how much traffic do you receive each month?

Dionne Taylor, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  16. mrweb

mrweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Traffic monthly 200 - 300 sometimes more or less

mrweb, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  17. uand.eye

uand.eye Active Member

Best Answers:
    The website looks great, but there are some ways you could improve it without spending a lot. Firstly you need to do some simple SEO. After 3 years the site really should be more than PR1. You can market it for free on social networks - this is a very visual niche so Pinterest would be perfect. You need to come up with a persona so you know who you are targeting. Video marketing would also be very effective. Make some promotional videos and host them on Youtube, Vimeo, etc. IF you can't make them yourself, just pick up a couple of cheap gigs from Fiverr - it's not ideal, but it is a start.

I would consider dropping the domain. urweddingtv doesn't look great. Always avoid text speak and ideally go for a brandable name, rather than keywords. I would also change the logo, it just doesn't look very professional. Go for simplicity.

The site looks great, but it really should be responsive. People will be more likely to use the website on a phone or tablet, as these are easier to carry around.

The best thing you could do is build an app, but this would be quite expensive. Before you go down this route do some market research.

uand.eye, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  18. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Number one problem is you're trying to target English speaking audiences around the world, yet the English that's used on the website isn't all that great. It doesn't flow and it's kind of repetitious. It has some grammar mistakes too. You need to find a native English-speaking person to proofread every single paragraph on your site.

Secondly, currently your site looks like a blog about weddings, rather than a service that tries to cater to weddings. A service that caters to weddings should look beautiful and luxurious. When I think of a wedding service I think of a site that looks kind of like this: http://weddingvideographyknoxville.com

I'd suggest redesigning your site, then giving it another shot, for the next 6 months or so, and if after that it doesn't produce the results you want, then you may need to consider moving on.

By the way, you still don't need to just shut it down. You can try to sell it to somebody who may see a potential in a service of that sort.

qwikad.com, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  19. ineedfreedom

ineedfreedom Active Member

Best Answers:
    this guy is correct.

ineedfreedom, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  20. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your target audience is too limited. Maybe if it was like a wedding freaks social networking (global) , then yes. But only focusing on sharing wedding videos with your friends, something that you can do more easily on youtube and other specialized services - THAT YOU CAN FIND easily and everyone knows.... nope. Sorry to say but i don`t see it as a business as it stands now.

webcosmo, Apr 15, 2014 IP