1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I pass freelancer.com exams ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by bdtaka, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cowboy1015

cowboy1015 Member

Best Answers:
    They have those test to know if you are capable on doing the freelance job. Just take the test. If you fail, it simply means you cannot do the job. It's gonna be worse for you if you've taken a job and you cannot deliver.

cowboy1015, Apr 19, 2014 IP
    TIEro and HuggyStudios like this.
  2. SuperiorWD

SuperiorWD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ... stupid me .. though these exams are there for the actual freelancer to take on his own, not pay someone to do it instead. Yes, that's called cheating and, as others mentioned, the crappy services you'll probably provide (if you can't take a simple exam in your SPECIALTY) will get you a well deserved bad rep. I took the tests on Elance, the ones pertaining to my services and it wasn't such a big deal to get a good score. I did re-take one test, after seeing I need to do a bit more studying.

SuperiorWD, Apr 20, 2014 IP
  3. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dictionary definition (from here):

cheating, verb: to take an examination or test in a dishonest way, as by improper access to answers.

I believe most normal people consider paying someone to sit an exam for you, then claiming the results as your own to be cheating. If you don't, you should probably take a course in ethics. Though I suspect you might pay someone to take it for you... :)

Totally agree with this.

TIEro, Apr 20, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I am flabbergasted that anyone thinks that paying someone else to take a qualifying test for you is not cheating. Let me ask you this: if you were rushed to the hospital with a critical emergency that required surgery, would you be okay with having a surgeon who paid someone else to take his licensing test? Would that have been cheating on the surgeon's part? If you died on the operating table because the phony surgeon made a basic mistake that he should have known about, would that be okay? Or should that surgeon face criminal charges for his deception?

Freelancing is not a life and death situation, of course, but the principle is the same. Fraud, cheating, dishonesty, etc., are the same no matter the stakes. And, by the way, the victims in this cheating scam are not only the freelancing website, but the freelancers who legitimately took the test and who will suffer either by losing jobs unfairly to the cheater or by having their test results and profession sullied because of phonies who pretend that they can do a job that they cannot actually do.

jrbiz, Apr 20, 2014 IP
  5. Nabeel Subhani

Nabeel Subhani Active Member

Best Answers:
    Let me ask something. what you think all the freelancers are professional? no, they are the people that labors of the future. sit on a chair for whole day and do work for others, even the employer are not satisfied then you will get thumb.. anyway.....
    there is no issues for doing this, if you are selling the skills,
    what freelancer.com do, have you joined ever? skill people are selling their skill there on freelancer, simple.

Nabeel Subhani, Apr 20, 2014 IP
  6. KingJabeyt

KingJabeyt Member

Best Answers:
    I assure you... if you outsource the taking of these tests to other people, very high possibility is: You'll outsource the work you're going to get as well... simply because you're not qualified and you're a fraud.

KingJabeyt, Apr 20, 2014 IP
  7. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Of course not. A lot of them are asshat scammers who get other people to take the tests for them, submit crap work and run off with the money because they don't give a hoot about their work.

Is this supposed to justify being unethical, a liar and a cheat? Not to mention unprofessional and pathetic?

Doing exams for other people is not an honest skill. If you're happy being dishonest, fine. If you ever end up working for me, you'll get your just desserts. :D

TIEro, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  8. SuperiorWD

SuperiorWD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    TIEro, wished I could 'like' your post. Really well said.
    Taking tests for someone else is unethical and it is cheating. If you cannot do the tests, study some more and then try to take them.

SuperiorWD, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  9. thecubehost

thecubehost Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't cheat!

thecubehost, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  10. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Of course, it's cheating.

I think OP knows that! :D

You can't prevent such things. There are over 60% of members on Elance, Odesk and Freelance who are so called ''experts'' and doesn't know a thing about what they are doing.

I've seen many Indians who are in top 1% in English academic writing. Does that sounds suspicious? Oh, yeah!

VukasinI, Apr 22, 2014 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.
  11. Lalit Goyal

Lalit Goyal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Lalit Goyal, Aug 25, 2015 IP
  12. rustle_

rustle_ Peon

Best Answers:
    Technically, this isn't cheating. At least some of freelancer.com exams are written by incompetent people and contain errors
    I recall trying to pass HTML5 exam and seeing a question like this:
    And the funny thing is, they are all deprecated in HTML5
    Thus, getting a good score at least in programming disciplines isn't a deal of your own proficiency, but of trial and error. Which is understandable because usually you have to pay for each try
    I could understand if they had a freelancer to write some test code, like in codewars.com. But tests, especially with errors, have nothing to do with actual competence. That's why I want to save some money here and get help from someone who already passed
    $5 is not that big, right. Just 6 hours of work, lol
    For starters I want to pass the following tests:
    • HTML5
    • jQuery
    • PostgreSQL
    • Ruby
    • RoR
    • HTML (1,2)
    At least $40 in total. Failing each of them at least once - and I remind you, some exams contain errors, and you have to know that ahead - will already cost $40 more

rustle_, Aug 29, 2015 IP
  13. linkbuilder26

linkbuilder26 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Asak Nabeel Bhai,

Please provide your skype id for communication

linkbuilder26, Nov 13, 2015 IP
  14. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can pass if you have the knowledge, not that difficult and not that complicated. If you do not have the knowledge then start reading and learning, also remember that if you cheat under any circumstances in the first two jobs you will be exposed pretty easily. I use freelancers all the time and if the quality of work is not as what it is supposed to be you can find out very early on. Then I put reviews and ratings, not to destroy people obviously but to help others who have real knowledge and talent as well as the employers.
    Good luck

Mehdi.b, Nov 15, 2015 IP
  15. kimanierick

kimanierick Member

Best Answers:
    its so ironical that the one who is saying that will help you attain first position is so poor in English. Anyway for you to pass those languages you must be very smart in them. But if you are not which I guess its true, you can be using the dictionary in your PC that has prediction on. With the prediction then you cannot fail in the spelling tests. All you need to do is type the first part of the word and the predictor will give you the right word enabling you to use the elimination technique. You need to be smart. Thanks

kimanierick, Nov 19, 2015 IP
  16. Atikur

Atikur Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should learn before you talking the exam on freelancer.com. You can get idea from the internet.

Atikur, Nov 19, 2015 IP
  17. Attie25

Attie25 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I found that my self- made effort to lasting and better quality . The result will be better later .

Attie25, Nov 25, 2015 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.