1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

US bank account for non-residents

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mkassets, Dec 1, 2006.

I am not a US resident but would like to open the US bank account to conduct my online bussiness. It is extremely difficult. I have seen few reports on the net of people who have done that but they all seem to be outdated and the banks mentioned in those reports don't offer accounts to non-residents anymore.

Are there any non US residents here who have been successful lately in opening a US bank account?

mkassets, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  2. Corey Bryant

Corey Bryant Texan at Heart

Best Answers:
    You might check out eTrade. We have had a few clients set up a checking account with them for use with a merchant account.

Also check with some of your local banks. They might have a relationship with a United States bank. This will help to satisfy the YKYC (you know your customer) regulation.

Otherwise, you will need to fly out to the United States. You do not need a social security number to open a bank account in the United States unless it is interest bearing. If they require one, they must post a sign on the entrance stating so.

For some more information check out this thread.

Corey Bryant, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  3. Amoy

Amoy Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes people have open e-trade account opening deposit $1000.00

Amoy, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  4. Advertistic

Advertistic Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you give any examples of companies using E-trade?

Advertistic, Dec 7, 2006 IP
  5. Corey Bryant

Best Answers:
    I wished Advertistic but that would go against our terms of service and private policy. We don't list our client names (although some are listed who wrote a testimonial) to protect their privacy and ours as well.

Corey Bryant, Dec 7, 2006 IP
  6. kelouba

kelouba Peon

Best Answers:
    Why do you want to open a US bank account to conduct online business?

kelouba, Dec 7, 2006 IP
  7. forumrating

forumrating Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you cant open a acount in usa banks without ssn, either find a partner there or look forward to credit card gateways, other option is to set up branch there and look forward to account creation with your set up there which would be last option.

forumrating, Dec 7, 2006 IP
  8. Corey Bryant

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can open a US bank account without a social security number. The easiest way is to walk into the bank. It cannot be interest bearing. But there are way around it

9. themetalpeddler

themetalpeddler Peon

Best Answers:
    It may be possible but it is not easy. I emmigrated to USA a few years ago after a change in the law regarding SSN & bank accounts. I am married to a US citizen but could not get onto his account without a SSN. I applied a couple of days after the change in the law. I tried many banks and all refused so I just had to wait for my SS card to come through.
    To be honest, I thought they stopped allowing it completely. I have read where even non-resident students are required to get a SSN now.

themetalpeddler, Dec 7, 2006 IP
  10. Corey Bryant

Best Answers:
    I won't debate over the specifics because I am not familiar with them. I do know that - yes, it is possible. There is a YKYC (you know your customer) regulation that has been around for a very long time. Banks really never did do too much about this. But after 9/11, things changed.

Walking into a bank, that has satisfied your YKYC regulation. And I have also been told that if the bank requires you to have a social security number, they must have that posted in a manner that is visible before entering the bank. The Social Security Act was created for a totally different reason that why the number itself is being used today.
    Students, that is a different issue because of what is going on in America - especially if the school is state funded.

11. slava75

slava75 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Get in touch with Valis International, google for their website.

slava75, Dec 7, 2006 IP
  12. Correctus

Correctus Straight Edge

Best Answers:
    As far as I know there are numerous companies out there that open US bank accounts for you for some fee (I CANNOT VOUCH FOR THEM THOUGH)

IT

Correctus, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  13. jerzeyguy22@ispwest.com

jerzeyguy22@ispwest.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    check out UBS or Deutsche Bank. They are both International Banks and should be able to recieve funds into a US account for you. Realize also that if you have a US account you still have to figure out a way to get money into your overseas account, wire fees are $25 per transaction NORM. In a normal US bank, not an International bank, since 9/11 you are required to have a social security# and a valid US address. Any infractions will get your funds frozen by OFAC and put you under investigations, then you are royally screwed.

14. ala101

ala101 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think it is easy and possible to get your us bank account if you are not a US citizen.
    e*trade is what u lookin for.
    i filled up the required documents and then i sent them to e*trade by mail ( last November) and about 2 weeks ago i received email from the bank informing me that they sent me the starting kit via mail and iam supposed to receive it within 10 days..
    i will chick my uni mail box tomorrow .. ;)
    whenever i get my us account i will guide u to do the same ..

ala101, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  15. ToBad

ToBad Member

Best Answers:
    Whay not just get a nevada corporation and open a business checking account for your business?

ToBad, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  16. Corey Bryant

Best Answers:
    The banks need to abide by the YKYC regulation. Opening a Nevada corporation and then opening a business account will not meet the YKYC regulation

Corey Bryant, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  17. kelouba

kelouba Peon

Best Answers:
    What happened to the guy that started this thread. You are all discussing his options and hes no where to be seen.

kelouba, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  18. MattKNC

MattKNC Peon

Best Answers:
    ING Direct is another option. They are a Dutch based bank with a U.S. operation. You can access your account anywhere in the world.

MattKNC, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  19. MeetHere

MeetHere Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Do Deutsch bank will be able to do that?
    In our country Deutsch bank have started recently.
    Will I be able to open non-US account without SSN?

MeetHere, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  20. sudn3sc3d

sudn3sc3d Active Member

Best Answers:
    sudn3sc3d, Dec 10, 2006 IP