1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's you favorite feature on dating sites?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by grofam, May 17, 2014.

What's you favorite feature on dating sites or apps?

grofam, May 17, 2014 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I've been happily married for a few years now, but I remember back who knows when I tried one dating site and one feature I didn't like on that site was "see who viewed you" or something like that. So, you could always tell who viewed your profile and they could tell if you viewed theirs. There was no way to disable it. I thought it was the worst feature ever, because it was violating the privacy of the members.

Features that are always appreciated are "a wink", "I think you're cute", etc. since they serve as icebreakers and allow for a more relaxed conversation to happen.

qwikad.com, May 17, 2014 IP
  3. kaleelkr

kaleelkr Active Member

Best Answers:
    verifyd girls profile :)

kaleelkr, May 18, 2014 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  4. grofam

grofam Active Member

Best Answers:

qwikad

Thanks so much for your response, I agree seeing who has viewed you definatley is something that can be awkwards and does invade your privacy, Thanks again!

grofam, May 18, 2014 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    True, it would be nice if all profiles went through some kind of verification. Like a text message with a verification code to their cell phones. Otherwise half of the profiles on some dating sites are nothing but scammers.

qwikad.com, May 18, 2014 IP
  6. SliceOfLife

SliceOfLife Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My favourite? That they pay for my living...

From end users' POV I guess verified profiles are quite big deal, although content ripped from Internet still sells like no tomorrow.

SliceOfLife, May 18, 2014 IP
  7. grofam

grofam Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea I was thinking about that too, how could you cut down on fake profiles. Phone verification is a good idea. I was wondering about apps like tinder where you have to log into facebook. Personally I don't like logging into things with facebook, I feel like it gives more information to companies that I want. Do you think facebook logins cut down the amount of fake accounts?

grofam, May 19, 2014 IP
  8. SliceOfLife

SliceOfLife Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Given that in 2012 the amount of fake FB accounts was nearing 10%, I'd bet now it's way over that. And people don't tend to use social media logins for such services; I have Facebook, Twitter and Google logins available, and only a fractions of my registered users have used any of those.

SliceOfLife, May 19, 2014 IP
  9. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, a dating site where users can adjust their privacy settings and advertised with an emphasis of privacy protection could be a success.
    make something like "super-incognito" mode, where the guys find gals leaving no traces:)

Karuna17, May 20, 2014 IP
  10. grofam

grofam Active Member

Best Answers:
    Karuna,

Do you mean where the users can't see who's viewed their profiles?

Thanks!

grofam, May 22, 2014 IP
  11. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, those, who view your profile can turn some kind of "incognito", so profile owners don't see them.
    Imagine, I find a nice-looking blonde with fake name, click on her, and find out her to be my wife. If she sees me and somehow guess who am i, for sure, she'll ask what I was doing on a dating site:)))))

Karuna17, May 22, 2014 IP
  12. grofam

grofam Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I haven't thought of that before. I think alot of people would be interested in a option like that. Probably would sell well

grofam, May 22, 2014 IP
  13. grofam

grofam Active Member

Best Answers:
    Slice of life,

You mentioned that alot of your users choose to not login with facebook, twitter etc. What do you think about the dating app "Tinder" using only facebook logins? Do you think it's effective in cutting back on fake profiles?

grofam, May 22, 2014 IP
  14. Sabrina73

Sabrina73 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmmm... My favorite feature on a dating site? I actually belong to two dating sites... One paid and one free.

I love the chat feature. Granted, most of the time if a guy wants to chat with me, I'm busy. With that said, I love the "block" feature. (LOL :)). That's a nifty tool to use.

I do find that the quality of men tend to be better on a paid site, as opposed to a free so, so I would have to say, the feature that I love the most is a paid site. Even if it's $10 a month, it will get rid of most of the losers! I actually met my ex-husband on a dating site; we were married for 8 years. I also met my current boyfriend on a paid dating site.

:) Feel free to PM me for more in-depth questions.

Sabrina73, May 28, 2014 IP
  15. HostSailor

HostSailor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Probably the "this person has read your message" and didn't reply feature :)

HostSailor, May 29, 2014 IP
  16. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that probably the most important feature is being sure that the girl you are talking to is a real girl. But how to be sure about that? exactly, a kind of "id verified", but how?

as example, in specific professional websites, where you can hire virtual assistants, you can view the girls id card. So if this could be used also in dating sites would be great.

Of course the girl must be sure at the same time that you are a good guy, so probably after some time of chatting, she can let you see her id card to show her real interest for you. No need to show addresses or similar, just the photo, name and age.

17. Tom hanks

Tom hanks Member

Best Answers:
    I am an active member in a lot of dating sites. My most favorite features on dating sites is dating chat app. Its really simple and easy to chat with others. But i have found that most of the dating sites are paid. So it is bit costly. And free dating sites are not provide all kinds of facilities like chatting app etc. But i have found some free dating sites which are providing all kinds of facilities like paid sites.
    http://www.plentyfishdating.com/
    http://www.whatsupfriend.com/

Tom hanks, Jun 6, 2014 IP
  18. grofam

grofam Active Member

Best Answers:
    What do you think about dating apps? Do you prefer app or websites when it comes to dating?

grofam, Jun 6, 2014 IP
  19. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    My favorite feature is not charging for usage, lol.

Joe@AdPatron, Jun 15, 2014 IP