1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If I loaned you money...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by CU_Designs, May 16, 2014.

If I approached you from an investor standpoint and said I'll loan you money on a regular basis, but only if you can give me a return of at least $1,000 per month, what ideas would you come up with to make me a return of $1,000 per month, and how much would you need to make it a reality?

CU_Designs, May 16, 2014 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I don't think you're approaching this realistically. If you loan money to someone the contingency should be if the business is successful six months (a year, two years, etc.) from the time the money was borrowed you will start receiving $1000 each month.

Write down a contract signed by both parties stipulating every requirement. Give time to the other party to grow their business, so that they could come to a point where they will be able to pay $1000 / mo back on a regular basis.

As far as ideas, creating various apps can be a strong possibility. They can be profitable in two ways. You can sell them and you can monetize them with CPM or PPC advertising.

qwikad.com, May 16, 2014 IP
  3. CU_Designs

CU_Designs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Side Note: My question is not a question about 'how to invest' or 'what you feel I should base my decision on before spending my own money'. Its not about that at all. My question is the realistic approach and it is completely opportunity-based, but only for the person (or more) who understands what I'm asking.

CU_Designs, May 16, 2014 IP
  4. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know anyone who would loan money then say "you can start paying me back 2 years from not but ONLY if your business was successful"

NetStar, May 17, 2014 IP
  5. FTS!

FTS! Member

Best Answers:
    I don't take loans, so I would keep my ideas to myself.

FTS!, May 17, 2014 IP
  6. novashun

novashun Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your question doesn't really have any scope to it. What kind of business - how much is the business making, what are the operational costs.. I don't think anyone could answer your question. Now if you said, I need to make back 1000.00 a month for X amount of years on an initial loan of X and I loaned it to a business that nets X a month after expenses. I could probably help you.

novashun, May 23, 2014 IP
  7. payfreshman

payfreshman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, That's an interesting ask. There are a number of online businesses that one can run that would guarantee 1000$ per month or even more. Just like qwikad alluded to; you would need to sort out the contract with the borrower to make it official. I would say affiliate marketing is a sure bet to raise $1000 monthly and you may need to wait that long before you start reaping from your investment.

payfreshman, May 24, 2014 IP
  8. John Fisihetau

John Fisihetau Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think I would need to start a trust fund, put money into that fund in prepetuity, and then reap the results of the money after the allotted time. The amount of money would depend on the interest rate and the number of periods.

John Fisihetau, May 27, 2014 IP
  9. chase_buie

chase_buie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Pretty good idea. Unfortunately that would take a while to yield but still a valid suggestion.

chase_buie, May 30, 2014 IP
  10. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    I'd get a job and pay you the $1000 back every month until I make enough money to get you your return.

Alyssa Lochmore, May 30, 2014 IP
  11. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Mobile apps market is growing at crazy speed. it's worth investing

Karuna17, May 30, 2014 IP
  12. twothirdsreturn

twothirdsreturn Active Member

Best Answers:
    ..well I would say this 'hello sir, my name is....err...twothirdsreturn.' shake hands, 'let me show what I have been designing.'

Then I would tell you that for the past year I have been studying CS and Accounting at BYU-Hawaii, and have started designing apps and developing them overseas. I would explain that my best idea needs 7.5k to be fully developed overseas, with all of my wireframes already created for it. I would ask you if you have heard of iBeacon technology, and if you have, have you considered what could be built if we mashed the iBeacon API and the yelp API. and how these simple technologies could change retail.

I would show you this powerpoint: (that I made)
    https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1wiLcKVTz7QKO48umeaBoZ8yRJvyJrp63HCEo71i6XYE/edit?usp=sharing

I would explain that I have experience 6+ projects as a full product manager with overseas developers. And that I need 7.5k to build out the first stage of a beacon platform that allows store owners to build out custom instore experiences without programming experience.

I would assure you that if you invest in my vision, I would put my heart and soul into building and changing the world with technology, as well as assuring you that you would be generously repaid contingent on our growth.

twothirdsreturn, Jun 3, 2014 IP
  13. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Karuna17, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  14. Boost_Software

Boost_Software Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. Good one. That might work.

Boost_Software, Jun 4, 2014 IP