1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

edirectory.com exploit mysql_connect - Google hacking my site?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Cruz1, Aug 30, 2013.

Hi,

Just wanted to share with everyone who is thinking of purchasing edirectory.com script. Don't!

I purchased edirectory.com 2 years ago and after thousands of dollars of customization work (that is where they make all their money) I got my site online. 6 months later they released a new upgrade, and I was told that even though I was eligible for the free upgrade, I had to pay more money because my website was custom. Come on!!

On top of that, my website was hacked by someone in Israel a year ago. Not sure how they did it, because I am not a php guru. The worst & somewhat negligent part is that edirectory was notified that someone broke into my website but did not notify me probably because I did not buy their extended support.

If you own edirectory script, check the config.inc.php file and you will see edirectory support email addresses. Change them so you will be notified if there is an error on your site or if someone is hacking your site.

define(EDIR_ADMIN_EMAIL, "");
    define(EDIR_SUPPORT_EMAIL, "");

Lastly, why I am posting this story now. I recently discovered that my site and several other edirectory sites are listed on google when I searched for " query: constructor: mysql_connect "

The weird part this time is that the IP address is from Google.
    Query: constructor: mysql_connect_SERVER data REMOTE_ADDR : 66.249.73.36 REMOTE_PORT : 46999

Does this mean that Google is hacking all these local directory websites?

Again, I am not a php guru. I just thought I post this in case anyone was experiencing the same problem and can shed some light into the Google results.

- Cruz

Cruz1, Aug 30, 2013 IP
  2. exoticpublishing

exoticpublishing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, Cruz, thank you for letting me know. At one point I was thinking of going with edirectory, but I just couldn't afford it at the time. Now I'm glad I didn't. What blanks if they wouldn't even let you upgrade after spending all that money. I was already put off by their hourly rate when I asked what it was.

They did seem nice though, that's all I remember.

exoticpublishing, Jun 6, 2014 IP
  3. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    You didn't give enough info to make these claims. Also, if you only spent a few thousand on custom software, you got a good deal. I charge about $100K+ for custom software.

Joe@AdPatron, Jun 15, 2014 IP
  4. exoticpublishing

exoticpublishing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Arrogance is a sign of immaturity

exoticpublishing, Jun 15, 2014 IP
  5. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    I get the feeling you're talking to me. What is arrogant? Me being direct?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
    Joe@AdPatron, Jun 15, 2014 IP