1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which of the following company names do you think is best for naming our Start Up?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by garyjames, Jun 18, 2014.

In short, we would love feedback from the community on which of the following company names is the best to choose for our Start Up Company?

(As background, we have run a naming contest on both squadhelp.com and namingforce.com. We have gone through the list of names generated from both contests to create the following shortlist of - what we think are - the best names. We are looking for feedback from other people to help us make a decision on which name to choose).

Feel free to pick your favourite, your top 3 favourites, your worst 3 favourites, or whichever feedback format you prefer. We will be incorporating the company in Australia on July 1st, 2014 so fast feedback is sought, if possible.

Thanks in advance for those offering their opinions. Your feedback will be very much appreciated and well received.

(Who are we? We will operate as an online bookkeeping service provider in Australia. We will provide bookkeeping, accounting & tax services to small businesses. To understand more about what an online bookkeeping service provider is - in case anybody doesn't know - please visit bench.co. Bench Accounting are a USA version of what we will do in Australia. Our service will be targetted to small companies with expenses of $75,000 or less per month. It is a B2B / Business to Business market).

SHORTLIST OF NAMES in alphabetical order

Accountaroo.
    Accountiva.
    Accrutiva.
    Blue Ledger.
    Bookanomics.
    Bookaroo.
    Bookeepia.
    Bookinetics.
    Bookkeepia.
    Bookopolis.
    Clerkis.
    Countify.
    Datascopic.
    Datorama.
    Equinova.
    Equitus.
    Ledgaroo.
    Ledgerama.
    Ledgerbase.
    Ledgerforce.
    Ledgerise.
    Ledgerly.
    LedgerMate.
    Ledgeroo.
    Ledgorama.
    Numbaroo.
    Orphis.
    Perfecto.
    Proficia.
    Qualisum.
    Qualitax.
    Sumstar.
    Sumtastic.
    Taxella.
    TaxPal.
    Templeblue.
    Tigertax.
    Trustica.

Kind Regards,

Gary Leech

garyjames, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    This is a bit funny because there are thousands of people on this forum and each one of them will offer a very subjective, personal opinion. How it's going to make selecting a name easier is beyond me.

How about you picking 3 names that you personally favor and then letting us choose from those 3?

qwikad.com, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  3. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:
    Previous poster hit the nail on the head.

Just as a personal opinion, I'd drop any of the names ending in 'o', 'a'... they just rub me wrong I suppose...

Khadaji, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  4. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ledgerforce is okay, because it combines ledger and workforce. Accountiva is okay, but maybe...what about Account Diva? or Bookkeeping Diva? 'Cours it might depend on whether or not you want to appeal to others as a female or not.

BoostSoftware, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Except than in Aussie nicknames typically just take your normal name and do exactly that - so culturally it's appropriate.

Personally, as someone from your "eastern state", I'd go for Perfecto, trustica or countify

sarahk, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  6. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:
    You see! I knew there was something wrong with my opinion!

I agree that cultural norms would be preferable here...

Khadaji, Jun 18, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  7. Juli Arnold

Juli Arnold Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ledgerforce or LedgerMate are my tops for name. Combines accounting, power, and teamwork. I like the word Sumtastic, but not as a company name. I have heard it before, but could not find a company using it as a name in my quick search. Good luck to you.

Juli Arnold, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  8. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Bookaroo

NetStar, Jun 20, 2014 IP
  9. O-D-T

O-D-T Member

Best Answers:
    Clerkis

O-D-T, Jun 21, 2014 IP
  10. garyjames

garyjames Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Kwikad,

Thanks for your input on my post (and everyone else who provided a response)...much appreciated...in follow up to your question Kwikad...please find below 3 names which are currently looking quite promising:

Ledgerforce
    Clerkis
    Bookaroo (or Keeperoo if you prefer)

Kind Regards,

Gary

garyjames, Jun 24, 2014 IP