1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Investor Relations and Where to Find Funding

Discussion in 'General Business' started by locals, Jul 30, 2014.

I am looking for the best way to find an investor to acquire an investment of $?00,000.00

I have 4 dollars (after fees) in this account which is not enough to buy anything. I will give it to who ever lists the best solution in which will help individuals seeking investments in internet related ventures find funding.

PLEASE NO GARBAGE SITES - I hope the moderators ban anyone who spams a garbage link

locals, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  2. Ted Hive

Ted Hive Member

Best Answers:
    In order to find investors, you should have a good business plan for good product or service. You also should write attractive introduction about your product or service. Otherwise, you will have no chance to get funded. I used to find investors on this site IndieGoGo.com but I'm not success.

Ted Hive, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  3. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice on what I need before speaking to an investor. Also thanks for contributing a website that probably will be a great fit for some organizations. They have a great vision, and almost got me to sign up, however I do not think it is a good fit for what I am looking for.

I am looking to create a business relationship with just one investor/organization. I do not want to pool together a bunch of little money and have to remember 15 different peoples names and lives.

So preferably a site that is known for crowd funding or something along that nature.

locals, Jul 31, 2014 IP
  4. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I find posts like this so silly... "I will give you four bucks if you tell me where I can find someone to give me hundreds of thousands of dollars".

If you have $4 to your name, absolutely noone will make a loan or invest in you. Especially not hundreds of thousands of dollars. You have not shown a successful track record where they could yield a return on their investment.

I think you must stop and take a minute to think what an investment really is. You only invest in something if you truly believe you will be able to make a profit on it. Too many people here think investments are from people who just give you money and a thumbs up to do whatever you want to do. It doesn't work that way. And if all you have right now is an idea and a dream you have quite the audacity to seek out an investor.

When your idea is implemented and becomes profitable go seek an investor. If you dare to ask for $100k you sure as hell better have way more than that coming in already.

NetStar, Aug 3, 2014 IP
    Matei Gavriluta likes this.
  5. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i have $4 dollars on this account because I have bought other things. And I dont want to take the time out of my day to sit here and google reviews for seed funding for hours. I could have easily just asked the question. But I figured "hey I have this amount of money here that I do not have a use for, so why not give it to someone that introduced me to the site I was looking for" and that is what I did.

Also There is a reason I did not give you or anyone else on this forum the business plan. I am not looking for funding through digitalpoint, I am looking to use digital point to point me in the right direction. For example, I read hundreds of posts and know the answer to them, but it is a waste of my time to type up the answer. So if someone said, do you know an awesome website where I can sell my website. Well yeah, I know of a couple. However I will probably close it out, thinking the next individual will take the time to answer it. But if there was some dollar amount attached to the question I my answer with a list of helpful sites.

BTW---
    Thanks for contributing nothing but an addition to your own post count to this thread

locals, Aug 6, 2014 IP
  6. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You proved my point. You aren't in the position to seek investors. You won't even take the time out of your day to read reviews to find funding for your own projects.

Perhaps I'll be a little more direct and you will get it. Your FAMILY will GIVE you money because they think you are cute and want you to reach for the stars. INVESTORS LOAN money with strings attached because they seek a return.

Scenario #1 - A project an Investor would be interested in:

You launched a Social Media Network. You are rapidly signing up tens of thousands of people on the daily basis. Your web site is trending on major search engines and other social media outlets. You are starting to get media attention. You have a great infrastructure but you are in need of cash to support the movement of your creation. An investor may be interested in exchange for a piece of your company.

Scenario #2 - A project an Investor would NOT be interested in:

I have an idea to make a HUGE web site. It's unique and has never been done before. It will make MILLIONS!! I just need the money to start working on it. I promise this will be the next big thing. This has potential to be BIGGER than facebook and youtube! An investor would not be the slightest bit interested. But some sucker in your family may give you the money because they love you and think you are cute.

Understand now?

NetStar, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  7. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So please indulge me on what my own idea is... oh wait, you have no clue. go back to your bridge troll

locals, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  8. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay so I found a use for the four dollars.

There is no point in offering funding sites in hopes of getting paid. LOL not like anyone did anyways ;)

By the way I am deciding on going with Seed Invest they dont look like what I initially wanted but I will sign up and see what happens anyways. Best of luck to everyone that is making their way through this same process. And never forget, there will be tons of individuals like NetStar that have NO CLUE in what your organization is doing or what you have plans of it doing and will say it will fail because they have not yet found success themselves. But stick with it, and if your business model is as awesome as you think it is, then you will find a way to make a living off of it.

Also NetStar did have a couple good points. However they were not for this topic, but somewhere else in this form under a different post, some of his contributions would've been accurate. For example, what a family member will tell you or even invest in you compared to what an investor will say or do.

Best of luck to everyone - even NetStar

locals, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  9. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't need to. My point is if all you have is an idea, you have nothing someone can invest in.

NetStar, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  10. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My point is I never told you what it was... All I was looking for was a website. You assumed all I had was an idea

locals, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  11. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am quite sure if you are offering $4 for info that leads to an investor and zero time to spend on trying to find one, you have nothing.

NetStar, Aug 8, 2014 IP
  12. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Then you would be a fool to believe that

locals, Aug 8, 2014 IP
  13. Ted Hive

Ted Hive Member

Best Answers:
    I have a chance to meet a person that I think he is an investor. My experience is that it's hard to find a person who is real investor. Having much money does not help you become a real investor. Usually, people want to pay money in business that already have good revenue. But, they often find that there is not chance for them to invest or if having chance, they only receive less share for much money. I think that real investor is someone can recognize an ideal or a fresh start-up that is potential to make much revenue. He will invest money in ideal or start-up, consult owner how to build business better. In this way, he can receive much share with less money.

For owner of ideal or start-up, I think he should focus on building his business instead of finding investor. When business is strong, he can make IPO and receive very much money. If there is a chance to work with real investor from the beginning, it is lucky but please don't rely on it.

Ted Hive, Aug 8, 2014 IP
  14. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great reply, but once again, no link to a website. Again great input, but this isn't a how to gain funding post. It's what website isn't garbage and has old leads of venture capitalist type of post

locals, Aug 8, 2014 IP
  15. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your still at this? You aren't going to find a directory that lists suckers who want to desperately just give out money to people who have "million dollar ideas" *rollseyes*.

NetStar, Aug 9, 2014 IP
  16. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My "idea" is already generating income, traffic and paying my bills... Thanks for continuing to bump my thread

locals, Aug 10, 2014 IP
  17. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Then you have no bills because you had only $4 to offer for someone to find you an investment of 6 figures............. Just give up. Right now you are embarrassing yourself.

NetStar, Aug 10, 2014 IP
  18. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it said 4 dollars in the top right corner. I understand that I can keep adding more, all I wanted to do was get rid of the 4 dollars that was in the top right corner. I ended up paying it to an individual for a logo in which I did not even use. You have done nothing to contribute an answer to this thread. You are trolling LOL but I don't care because each of your post refresh this and more people are starting to PM me with different information and other investor websites. So please create another stupid response...

locals, Aug 10, 2014 IP
  19. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any luck so far OP?

Matei Gavriluta, Aug 10, 2014 IP
  20. davidbox

davidbox Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Local investors is the easiest way to build good and long term relationships.

davidbox, Aug 11, 2014 IP