1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to build forum with less resources?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Ted Hive, Aug 10, 2014.

I would like to build a forum around free software usage and development. I only have small budget for this: $50 / month and 2 hours / day. How can I build forum with that small budget? I appreciate your advices.

One person tell me that I will need a team at least 10 professionals who will work hard to post initial contents for forum. Is that true? How can I find persons who interested in free software usage and development to contribute to my forum?

Ted Hive, Aug 10, 2014 IP
  2. LiveFromCloud

LiveFromCloud Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't advice to launch forum when you have that much of time and money. Did you ever considered building blog around that topic, and later when you establish it, you can launch forum. This way you will save some money and it will be easier to find people who want to join you.

LiveFromCloud, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  3. iHaveGreatIdea

iHaveGreatIdea Peon

Best Answers:
    You can use YouTube or some social networking websites to find people, that know something about software or development. You can talk to them and make them join your forum.

iHaveGreatIdea, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  4. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That seems like like a small amount to start off a forum, might as well start with blog first. And on blog you can dedicate like 2 hours a day.

Vitarank, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  5. giorgioarmani

giorgioarmani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your budget cannot afford to pay [other] people then do it yourself...

giorgioarmani, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  6. Ted Hive

Ted Hive Member

Best Answers:
    I already have a blog around 'Move to Linux'. Maybe, I will post my new article on both blog and forum.

Ted Hive, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  7. Ted Hive

Ted Hive Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your advice. I already have a fan page. Maybe, I will take time for it.

Ted Hive, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  8. stevan

stevan Peon

Best Answers:
    In the early days, reddit's community was built thanks to hundreds of fake profiles created by the site's co-founders. To make the site look populated, Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian, would post each time under a new username. I don't know if 2 hours/day is enough for this approach but you can try :)

stevan, Aug 12, 2014 IP