1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any Canadians upset about Timmies being bought by BK?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by wizbeans, Aug 30, 2014.

I personally am okay with it as long as they don't run one of the most successful Canadian companies into the ground.

Opinions?

wizbeans, Aug 30, 2014 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You'll be fine. It's not like BK is some trash pile of poop that has just bought out this awesome, incredible superior company. They will mutually benefit from the deal.

Have you tried a whopper recently?

qwikad.com, Aug 30, 2014 IP
  3. wizbeans

wizbeans Member

Best Answers:
    I hope so! and nope :(

4. briguy

briguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Personally, I look at just part of the big companies doing business. There nothing I can do to change it, just as long as they don't change my coffee!

briguy, Aug 30, 2014 IP
  5. wizbeans

wizbeans Member

Best Answers:
    I agree~!

6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It is a transfer of wealth from the U.S. to Canada and should be viewed positively by Canadians. In addition, Tim Horton's tried to open some of their shops around here and it failed miserably and they closed them. It was right in Dunkin Donuts home turf so that may have been the problem. With BK's U.S. marketing and location expertise in the U.S., I suspect that TH will have another go at it here.

In addition to the American taxpayer, the real losers are leading Democrats here in the U.S., because their favorite businessperson/hero/backer-of-higher-taxes-on-everyone, Warren Buffett, is leading this charge by BK out of the U.S. in a very cynical and hypocritical ploy. It will hurt them among all but the low information voters, of course.

By the way, I don't have a horse in Tim Hortons/DunkinDonut race, should that become more serious. I drink tea, not coffee and they both suck at that. And, pretty much any donut will do for me.

jrbiz, Aug 31, 2014 IP
  7. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, the coffee is so good that it's destroying everyone's health. lol. I know a bunch of people who always try some other places' coffee then end up with a mind blowing headache. :)

DinoJRG, Aug 31, 2014 IP
  8. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Sean Hannity was questioning one liberal democrat guest about that on his show and it was hilarious to listen to. The extent of hypocrisy is simply inexplicable.

qwikad.com, Aug 31, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  9. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    That's simply not true. I am a coffee drinker (have been for about 20 years now) and that "mind blowing headache" myth is hard to take seriously. Obviously, if someone drinks ten cups a day of some super strong brew - morning, noon, night, they may end up with some mild headache for a day or so if they decide to quit. I drink coffee in the mornings (2-3 cups) and if some days I don't have a chance to drink it I feel just fine. No headaches, no lack of energy. None of that.

qwikad.com, Aug 31, 2014 IP