1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If i want to sell my website, how much does it worth?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by tehran_games, Nov 15, 2014.

Dear professionals

I have a website which is not in English, (www.myindustry.ir) And i'm evaluating selling it, in this case, if i want to sell this how much does it worth in market? can you please help me.

please check Alexa and any other related factor related to this.

tehran_games, Nov 15, 2014 IP
  2. kingofking

kingofking Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think you need to provide more info for others to evaluate your site. You can provide details like domain age, traffic (if any), Revenue (if any), number of posts (assuming all the posts/content are unique) etc.

kingofking, Nov 15, 2014 IP
  3. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is the site getting traffic? Is it generating revenue? It would be hard for you to sell not in most cases but these are some of the factors website buyers look at..

kb24, Nov 15, 2014 IP
  4. jmjsolutions

jmjsolutions Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, I would not be able to tell you the value of the site, but I know where you can get estimates. This may help you: Do a Google search for "estimate value of website" and you will see that there are many sites that allow you to type in your website domain and receive an estimated $ value for the whole site. One of the first ones that I see in the search results is "www.siteprice.org". Their site says that they evaluate your site traffic, Google / bing rankings, domain, backlinks etc to provide you with the estimate.
    There are plenty of other sites that provide a similar service, so check it out. Hope this helps!

jmjsolutions, Nov 15, 2014 IP
  5. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don't do a search for "Estimate Value of Web Site". It will just return horse shit that uses meaningless metrics to determine your web sites income and value.

Web Sites are treated like companies. Your value greatly depends on your Revenue, Assets (Content), Market/Potential, Overhead, and Growth. This can NOT be determined by an automated script. I have a PR1 web site which valuation sites estimate at a few dollars when in reality the service it offers to a niche market is $495/mo (earning $5k+ per year per client) and we have active clients.

You need to ask yourself....

How much money did I make last year?
    Are my sales up or down compared to the previous years?
    What is my foretasted revenue for next year and how can I get there?
    What is my current overhead and what am I netting?
    AND
    WHY AM I SELLING?????

95% of web sites are selling because they aren't making jack shit. Which means their business is worth nothing.

What sucks is...as a web site if you aren't generating profit you can't even fall back on Property, Location and Assets to make money with the sale.

Odds are... if you need to ask how much your web site is worth because you are looking to sell it you aren't making any money, it's not trending, there's 0 growth, and you see no opportunity with it. Basicallly.....it's worth NOTHING.

NetStar, Nov 16, 2014 IP
  6. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have sold many sites in my day, and I have noticed that it's very difficult to get a decent amount of money off of a website with little to no earnings. Most of my websites sold for under $50 because they weren't making any revenue, but I have sold sites for over $100 simply because they had a ton of original articles on them.

It looks like your site has a ton of content on it, and if the content is original and it is getting traffic from search engines - then you should be able to sell the site. How much money does your site make a month? How many subscribers?

cronik, Nov 16, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. stormer320

stormer320 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The main thing that will determine how much your site sells for is how much money it's making and if it has original content on it. You haven't provided any other information so everyone will just be guessing. :p

stormer320, Nov 18, 2014 IP
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    A revenue-producing website is no different than any other business. Most serious negotiations will start at either 1x annual gross revenues or 8x annual profits. But, value is all in the eyes of the beholder. How much is your website worth? As much as you can sell it for. Find the right person or company for whom the website is a natural fit or extension of current business activities and it will be worth more than if you ask a pure speculator to buy the website. And, of course, the Golden Rule always applies in these transactions: "He, with the Gold, Rules."

jrbiz, Nov 18, 2014 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  9. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    netstar hit the nail on the head. And OP, I think you really are asking in the wrong spot. Being a non-english site, maybe someone that knows your language will be interested, maybe your site is worthless to us, but invaluable to others from your home country. Ask people locally, and maybe put a note on your site saying the site is for sale?

Many times I see sales on flippa and Im left scratching my head over the final sale prices of both domains and sites. It really is whatever you can get for it and a greazy sleezy sales pitch is needed to milk the most out of gullible buyers.

@NetStar, not everything comes under the revenue model. Snapchat was said to be losing millions when it was offered a $3 billion offer. And business.com was earning only $15million per year (total not profit) when it sold for $350million.
    So while its rare, sometimes your site, or domain, might have something that a specific buyer desperately needs, and they will pay alot for it.

matt_62, Nov 18, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  10. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As previously stated "Your value greatly depends on your Revenue, Assets (Content), Market/Potential, Overhead, and Growth". SnapChat's value was based on Market/Potential and Growth.

If you're asking what your web site is worth on Digital Point odds are it's worth minimal.

NetStar, Nov 18, 2014 IP
  11. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Before thinking to sell the website make sure that the site has decent traffic and good reputation in the search engine.

KylieSweet, Nov 18, 2014 IP
  12. James Christy

James Christy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Is there a forum for selling websites that you know of? Also, are there business appraisers that specialize in appraising websites?

James Christy, Dec 4, 2014 IP
  13. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    you can sell sites here.

There are appraisers and stuff (not that I can recommend anyone), but having a value, vs finding a buyer willing to pay that much, are two different things. I just do not see the point in having something evaluated. Either keep a site, or sell it at a price you are happy with.

matt_62, Dec 6, 2014 IP
    NetStar likes this.
  14. I@amc00L

I@amc00L Peon

Best Answers:
    Just what others are trying say. The value of your website depends on how old it is and if it has a decent traffic. Before you put it up for sale, compute how much you've spent already on the past years so you have an idea of the pricing.

I@amc00L, Dec 7, 2014 IP
  15. mrgadget

mrgadget Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Seasonal product: 12 monthly income (monthly income = average of latest 3 months of income)
    Normal product: 20 monthly income
    My formula for estimating website value

mrgadget, Dec 7, 2014 IP
  16. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just to touch upon what Matt is saying...... there is NO ONE here qualified to tell you how much your web site is worth. Go a head make a thread asking someone to valuate your web site and you will receive everything from "nothing" all the way up to X,XXX regardless of how much money your site makes.

There are fools here that would valuate facebook at $6,000 and their own sites about 1985 Pong games at $15,000.

NetStar, Dec 7, 2014 IP
  17. MegaDomain

MegaDomain Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Flippa.com is the place to sell your website. Make a test and see how much people are willing to give for it

MegaDomain, Dec 17, 2014 IP
  18. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Hi tehran_games,
    Most people here and on other webmaster sites buy English language websites only, so you'll probably have a hard time trying to sell it. However look for local marketplaces in your language and try to list it there.

You can also try listing on flippa and DP, but don't make it an auction, there will be very little interest. You might get lucky and find an interested buyer though, who can offer a fair price.

Generally, most websites sell in the 1-2 years worth of revenue range. Depending on many factors, like expenses, age, stability, competition, potential, sources of traffic and revenue, additional resources etc it can also be quite a bit higher or lower.

It looks like your site gets high traffic, so if there is significant revenue, at least $1k per month you should also consider working with a broker, who works with buyers in your language.

DomainMagnate, Dec 24, 2014 IP