1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are you making money online?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by PhiladelphiaIM, Dec 11, 2014.

We're all here to try and produce an income online. Many succeed and many more fail (in one way or another). Finding success online isn't easy and it certainly doesn't happen overnight. Some people have supplemented their 'traditional' income, others have produced six, seven, or even eight figures. So, where do you stand? Are you making money online?

I'm looking for individuals who have been able to achieve the dream of turning a profit online. Maybe you run a blog or a few content sites, maybe you have something much larger. Either way, I'd like to hear about your experiences and interview you for an online blog. If this sounds like something you're interested in, tell me a little more about yourself and what do you. This is a great opportunity for me to learn more about you, how people are navigating the online business industry, and to produce content. It's a great opportunity for you to get exposure and traffic! Win-win, right?

So feel free to share below, or via PM, and I'll be in touch! I think that we can all learn a lot from one another - from both successes and mistakes. Let's make it happen!

PhiladelphiaIM, Dec 11, 2014 IP
  2. workingaswriter

workingaswriter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I began freelance writing with just a blog and I used apply for writing jobs in Craigslist, Guru.com and from online classified ads. I worked for many clients in US, UK, China and India. Now I have my website. Local clients place their orders and I work for them. I gained expertise in blogging, SEO articles and article writing in several niche. Additionally I gained good practice in resume writing.

Freelance writing requires a lot of writing practice until you gain good reputation.

Thank you

workingaswriter, Dec 13, 2014 IP
  3. Leo Banks

Leo Banks Member

Best Answers:
    I did almost everything which can make money online.
    Then I failed...

However, now I'm on the way to make $1000 a month.
    Of course, this isn't a huge amount of money. But it's a good start.
    I failed enough and ready to become successful now.

The most important thing why many people fail because they quit before they succeed.
    "Winner never quit. Quitter never win!"

Leo Banks, Dec 21, 2014 IP
  4. T-Law

T-Law Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi @PhiladelphiaIM my name is Tomas and I've started my journey in late 2007. I was always interested in making money online and becoming financially free. Below is my journey so far.

Late 2007
    I've discovered Photoshop and started learning design.
    Built my first design blog http://iniwoo.net that was sold in 2009.
    Started paid guest blogging.
    Built my second design blog http://webdesignfan.com and sold it in 2010.
    Working as a freelance designer and blogger.
    Built my third design blog http://whodesigntoday.com that was sold after couple of months.
    Moved to Denmark to study Multimedia Design & Communication.
    Moved to London, UK for my internship at a design agency.
    Built http://despreneur.com, a magazine for design entrepreneurs.
    Joined http://wobu.me/ as a product designer.
    Bootstrapped http://getrefe.com
    Quit my job at design agency.
    Co-authored http://mobiledesignbook.com
    Made some sales on http://getrefe.com
    Redesigning http://despreneur.com and launching online design and business academy.
    Became digital nomad and currently traveling the world while freelancing and working with other entrepreneurs.

T-Law, Dec 21, 2014 IP
  5. gentilly

gentilly Member

Best Answers:
    Love reading post like this and seeing the journey of online marketers. Awesome work!

gentilly, Dec 21, 2014 IP
  6. T-Law

T-Law Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you @gentilly it's been an interesting journey but I think the best is yet to come. Thank you for kind works, inspires me a lot :)

T-Law, Dec 21, 2014 IP
  7. Lynn C

Lynn C Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I was in the same situation. I started online in 2009 but it took me multiple attempts at creating businesses until I started making money. I spent a lot on WSOs and on Adwords before I finally started getting things going. The key is to keep learning and to take action every day. If you do that you won't fail. You only fail if you stop trying.

Lynn C, Dec 22, 2014 IP
  8. Focl

Focl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I started 8 years ago, now I have SEO compamy with my friend... We have lot of satisfied clients so I am satisfied too. It takes lot of time and experience

Focl, Dec 22, 2014 IP
  9. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's not so difficult. Consider that 90% of failing guys are usually unexperienced and unskilled. Also, if you dream big sums, you can change your goals right now. Since we are not talking about big sums. The real thing is having multiple small incomes and this can be done.

10. pcbro34

pcbro34 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lots of people fail at IM because of information overload and the inability to focus on one specific thing/method. I have earned money online on and off over the last 6 years mainly by ranking affiliate sites on Google. Most of them got wiped out from Google updates and so I needed to try new business models like email marketing etc.

pcbro34, Dec 22, 2014 IP
  11. atilayax

atilayax Member

Best Answers:
    I made my first $1000 selling services on Fiverr.

atilayax, Dec 27, 2014 IP
  12. TopForum.Ir

TopForum.Ir Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes yes, sometimes no!

TopForum.Ir, Dec 28, 2014 IP
  13. SuperiorWD

SuperiorWD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I earn money by providing graphic / web design services, blogging and selling templates. Took some time, but it's my business for a while and it does pay the bills.

SuperiorWD, Dec 31, 2014 IP
  14. PhiladelphiaIM

PhiladelphiaIM Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, everyone! I've reached out to some of you with interview questions! This is going to be a great opportunity for you to share what you've learned and get some exposure at the same time!

Please feel free to keep sharing on this thread! I'm interested in hearing from others, as well!

PhiladelphiaIM, Dec 31, 2014 IP
  15. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    My online venture is one big fat joke complete with every single mistake you can make.
    I've tried several different methods but all ended up to be crap. It did start to pay off then google created that penguin thing to rank corporations and hollywood and I was back to square one.

I earn around $400 a month.

I have this problem where I don't like to rip off people, scam, and do sneeky tricky methods so that is probably where my blame lies for my lack of success.

DinoJRG, Dec 31, 2014 IP
  16. katkay1

katkay1 Member

Best Answers:
    You can start a completely legitimate online business of your own via smallbusinesser.com.

There are 15 WordPress themes there to assist you build your own way to make income online. You don't need to have any knowledge about coding to build your own website. Everything can be done by professional WP themes and all customization can be under your control.

katkay1, Feb 6, 2015 IP
  17. PhiladelphiaIM

PhiladelphiaIM Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The post above seems like spam. Anyway...

I wanted to take a moment to update everyone who has participated in the thread about the interview I conducted with @T-Law -- you can find it here.

Keep sharing your experiences, friends! This is the best way for us to learn from the successes and mistakes of one another!

PhiladelphiaIM, Feb 6, 2015 IP
  18. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nope. I've given up on trying to make money with adsense.

ablaye, Feb 6, 2015 IP
  19. Prince Nayan

Prince Nayan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I want to make money online and i'm working on fevrr.

Prince Nayan, Feb 7, 2015 IP
  20. Dragance

Dragance Peon

Best Answers:
    I am trying , dont have much skills but still trying.Microworkers for the moment.
    Not much of a story, but since I started 15 days ago ... will see.

Dragance, Feb 7, 2015 IP
  21. wamm9512

wamm9512 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can make money online. Just not the way I would like to :p Writing takes a little too much time and would like to thrive from SEO and such. Working on it though :p

wamm9512, Feb 7, 2015 IP