1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many of you have ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Roment Biplob, Jan 13, 2015.

college degree and are working IM full-time from home? Many time, I tell people that I want to get into IM and my peers and family have told me that I'm living in a fantasy world. They think 9-5 job is the legitimate way of making income.

Roment Biplob, Jan 13, 2015 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Have you had any success with IM? Maybe your family and peers have reasons to doubt that you can make it without, at least, a part-time job. What is your college degree in? If you can make $30-$40k a year with your college degree then it will be more prudent to have a job and do IM on the side, as a hobby. It may take a few years before you can make the same a year with IM, so why not get yourself financially stable before delving into IM full time? Makes sense to me.

qwikad.com, Jan 13, 2015 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  3. moneyroad

moneyroad Member

Best Answers:
    If you just starting now in this business, I think you should stay in job you are and start IM business on free time, then when you feel successful enough (money),- choose between

moneyroad, Jan 13, 2015 IP
  4. JolandeM

JolandeM Member

Best Answers:
    Where there's a will there's a way. Keep trying :)

JolandeM, Jan 13, 2015 IP
  5. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Making a handsome income as an IMer is not a fantasy but it takes a lot of time and effort. Part of why your family members esp. the elder ones won't believe that IM is a good career option is because they probably have never had any exposure to this domain or have never seen anyone making good money from it. Even my parents are not really with me on this and I quite understand and respect their outlook. Most of it has got to do with the difference of views/opinions arising out of generation gap.

Some problems you should consider before aiming to become a successful Internet Marketeer are:
    1. Nothing is permanent. A certain niche may be very popular or “hot” today but will not be so tomorrow. Something new comes up and goes away every single day. So, don't target one particular niche exclusively and stick to it just because it seems lucrative at present. Be flexible in your approach and keep exploring and dabbling in every new avenue that emerges.
    2. There is cutthroat competition EVERYWHERE you go. The internet is one big globally spread marketplace where you will find various kinds of products and services being traded at all levels of skills and pricing. There will ALWAYS be someone undercutting you no matter how low you charge. The key to survive and stand out in this type of market is offering uniqueness and true value. Find out what's unique in you, develop it and then capitalize on it. Buyers will only come to you when they see you're different from the rest and your products/services really cater to their needs. You should not just be 'another average service-provider among the so many often seen around'.
    3. A lot of newbies quit even before they start making any money. Patience and perseverance are a must. You may not see some real money coming your way for the first few months. But you shouldn't get disheartened and just give up. Quitting is NEVER an option if you aim to make it high.
      Making big bucks overnight IS a fantasy in the IM world. Many folks mistakenly look at IM as a way to make a quick buck. First, you've to learn a lot of things and acquire the abilities to attract prospects and convert them successfully into returning customers. It's only then that you can really talk about earning something.
    4. Nobody will give out their secrets so easily as to how they became a successful IMer. You'll have to carve a road for yourself. Study in detail what the truly successful people have done to make it to the top. It's by constant analysis and personal observation you understand what it takes to be successful at Internet Marketing; not by signing up for any e-courses or reading ebooks and how-to guides.
    5. NEVER outrightly trust ANYONE when they're telling you how they've made millions from IM and are selling the secret to it compiled in a smattering of pages being sold just for a few dollars. Such people are mostly scammers who're trying to lure you in a false direction to rip you off. ALWAYS be wary of such sleazy hucksters/snake oil salespersons.
    I think @qwikad.com has really suggested you a very sound, sane and a rational approach. Take up a job (so you're able to pay the bills and support yourself/your family) while doing IM as a supplementary business or a hobby. This way, you have a source of income to back you up if things don't go as planned. It'll also help you to be financially stable in difficult times and if you do happen to stumble badly, you won't have to worry about starting all the way from scratch.

Anyway, just my 2c. Hope it helps.
    Good luck.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
    Content Maestro, Jan 13, 2015 IP
    wisdomtool and jagoangambar like this.
  6. Roment Biplob

Roment Biplob Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have completed my Post Graduation And No thats not possible to earn $30-$40K a year with a Job .

7. Roment Biplob

Roment Biplob Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also,If I wanna start internet marketing business less than $100, then where should I start?

8. jagoangambar

jagoangambar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    less than $100? its not enough. you need cost for domain, hosting, and market your site. You can start with less cost, but the results is less too. IM need a lot of cost and a lot of time. You can't take 1st place on search engine quickly. If you start with less than $100 you may work hard. Generally IM starts with a plan, get your niche,then choose products that you will promote, and then you need to analyss your market, choose a domain that support your products, it will help you on SEO. after you have a site, you may promote your site.a

jagoangambar, Jan 14, 2015 IP
  9. Financedin

Financedin Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been doing IM for about 5 years now. Started out as a hobby but it pays quite better than my college degree job. I went part time 2 years ago and my IM income is just about par if I were working full time.

Don't quit your day job right away... Build steady cash flow. IM is tough, but it's definitely worth it. Try different pulling in different types of income from IM ie. offline marketing, affiliate marketing etc. multiple income streams are better than relying on one source. Find what works and repeat.

Goodluck!

Financedin, Jan 24, 2015 IP