1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to start new business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by xtra-person-11, Jan 29, 2015.

Hello Friends,
    Can anyone suggest me how to start new business in USA? Whats the actual procedure to start?
    FYI, I am based in india and want to start a company in usa, which will be serving digital services to the USA based customers.

I have gathered many information from google. But still looking for experts opinion.

Looking towards your valued response.

xtra-person-11, Jan 29, 2015 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You would do better to explain your current plan and let people find the bits you have missed, will save them from telling you things you already know.

sarahk, Jan 29, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First, What are these digital services that you had mentioned above? What is your target location? Local or General? Are you aiming for traffic? rankings? conversions?

KylieSweet, Jan 29, 2015 IP
  4. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    It's such a stupid question. Why do people ask such stupid questions?

Anyway, the first thing you do is create a business plan. Once you have that you can follow the plan. The first move is to get a BIN number(business number) then you'll need a G.S.T number. After that it depends on what state you are living in. Etc etc.

DinoJRG, Jan 29, 2015 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I don't understand why you feel that you need to start a business here in the U.S. versus selling from your business in India. If you feel that having a U.S. address will make Americans more likely to buy from you, that is easy to do (e.g., get a PO Box or office space somewhere here.) But I fail to understand why you would want the added complexity of starting a business here, paying taxes here, etc., especially for digital goods/services. Perhaps you can explain your thinking in this regard and I can provide a bit more assistance. FYI, I have started multiple corporations in the U.S.

I have started a few businesses in the U.S. and have never heard of those numbers (BIN and GST.) In the U.S., you need to register your business in your local city/town and possibly a retail sales permit (depends on what you are selling and to whom you are selling it.) If you incorporate, you will be registering your business with one of the states (your choice; many companies choose Delaware due to favorable tax laws.) If you do incorporate or form an official partnership (as opposed to a sole proprietorship) you will also need to get a Federal Tax ID number for tax purposes, but that is the only number you will need.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015
    jrbiz, Jan 30, 2015 IP