1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal is not safe to purchase digital goods !

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Israel Gaudette, Apr 12, 2015.

Hi Everyone,

I get an issue with an item I purchases online (digital services) and I created a dispute from paypal to get refunded because I was never received the services in questions.. and at my big surprise.. Paypal NEVER REFUNDS when it's digitals goods because they cannot verify if the service has been delivered or not.

In fact, I can open a site, sell digital goods (ie: facebook likes), people order, I never delivery services.. customers pay by paypal.. can open dispute but they will never be refunded due to Paypal TOS.

So it's easy to scam people with paypal payment for digital goods so be aware when you purchases digital goods or services with paypal !

Israel Gaudette, Apr 12, 2015 IP
  2. agmccall

agmccall Active Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely not true. Although paypal will not refund for digital products, you as a vendor have an obligation to deliver goods. If it is proved that the goods were not delivered then paypal will refund, and, if there are many complaints about a vendor they will probably put a hold on the account and cancel it

al

agmccall, Apr 12, 2015 IP
  3. Israel Gaudette

Israel Gaudette Member

Best Answers:
    Yes this is what I though before it happen to me..

but effectively yes.. if paypal receive multiple complaints.. propably they will refunds the users. But on my part.. my money is gone !

Israel Gaudette, Apr 12, 2015 IP
  4. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should do research first before buying such things online. What was the site you purchased on? What is the sites reputation online? Did you do a search for "sitename reviews" or "sitename scam" etc etc? Did you check their social pages, twitter, facebook etc? Can you see anyone else had same problem? Did you contact the seller first to make sure their business is active and they can fulfill orders? These are basic things anyone should do before buying such digital services online.

Mkcoy, Apr 12, 2015 IP
  5. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    PayPal allows ANYONE to become a merchant. Therefor they have TONS of members from all different walks of life. Whenever an issue arises on the merchants end you will be treated no differently than all of the newbies, scammers, grandmas/grandpas, children, and the clueless because that is the majority of their member base. I wouldn't expect PayPal to do any sort of extensive investigation on an open case when the bulk of their problems are all petty and easily solved by an underpaid 3rd world employee. For that reason alone you should never use paypal if you are operating a serious buisness.

NetStar, Apr 12, 2015 IP
  6. Israel Gaudette

Israel Gaudette Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I have make a lot of check before purchasing the services and everything look fair. I don't want say the name of the business because since yesterday (2 weeks later), I got an email from the administrator and the services has been delivered.. but the issue with paypal still stay..

I don't try to encourage people to don't use paypal.. I'm using it personnally daily without issue.. but just keep in mind that if it's a digital goods.. it's more difficult to be refunded in case of problem with the seller!

Israel Gaudette, Apr 13, 2015 IP
  7. agmccall

agmccall Active Member

Best Answers:
    Tell that to Famous Footwear, Dollar General, Mapco Express, RadioShack, Spartan Stores, Abercrombie & Fitch, Advance Auto Parts, Aeropostale, American Eagle Outfitters, Barnes & Noble, Foot Locker, Guitar Center, the Home Depot, Jamba Juice, JC Penney, Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, Nine West, Office Depot, Rooms To Go, Tiger Direct, and Toys "R" Us.

al

agmccall, Apr 13, 2015 IP
  8. agmccall

agmccall Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, they will allow almost anyone to become a member and almost anyone to upgrade membership to premier/business. But, becoming a Merchant is a whole different story. Among other things you need a credit check to become a merchant and you use a totally different website, it is manager.paypal.com Becoming a merchant is a process that will take about a week. I have had my merchant account with them for over 5 years and have never had a problem

al

agmccall, Apr 13, 2015 IP
  9. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have to tell that to any of those companies....because they know...hence why PayPal is NOT their primary source to handle payment processing.

NetStar, Apr 13, 2015 IP
  10. Nick PPC.BUZZ

Nick PPC.BUZZ Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    When you open a dispute, PayPal then requests a merchant to confirm that the service was indeed provided. Maybe they just managed to confirm it. Or maybe you were not specific enough when raising the dispute.

As I can see from my experience, PayPal VERY OFTEN resolves disputes in favor of the customer rather than seller, even for digital goods.

Nick PPC.BUZZ, Apr 13, 2015 IP
  11. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PayPal protection doesn't cover the digital or intangible products. So, Its definitely risky as the buyer point of view.

iwebsocial, Apr 17, 2015 IP
  12. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    paypal is probably safer then any bank, the risk is the buyers and sellers...

1: You have buyers you can trust.
    2: You have buyers that you can not trust.
    3: You have sellers you can trust and will make good.
    4: You have shady sellers that just look for a quick buck.

then you have paypal.
    :)

dscurlock, Apr 17, 2015 IP
  13. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    actually your statement is untrue; If we are talking about non-tangible products/services, then paypal will not
    look into any complaints since their policy states that such goods are not covered, then it is only fair
    that they do not look at those complaints either as it would be unfair to favor just one side; I would say
    that paypal rarely looks at such complaints nor will paypal issue a refund. If you submit a complaint, then
    decide to escalate the complaint, then it will be immediately closed because it is non-tangible goods.
    It will be up to the seller if he wants to honor such refunds; now this comes down to him wanting to
    be a reputable seller or if he is just a pig, and his only goal in life is to suck money from buyers.

dscurlock, Apr 17, 2015 IP
  14. rajni1236

rajni1236 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    its be safe to deal on line

rajni1236, Apr 17, 2015 IP
  15. webmaster44

webmaster44 Member

Best Answers:
    I am using PayPal from several years and i didn't face any issue with it. I mostly use it buy services and products online and also for receiving payments online.

webmaster44, Apr 17, 2015 IP
  16. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Just recently I was refunded 90 bucks for something I purchased and downloaded.

I had a strong case and the other party didn't care to reply to paypal's emails. So they do refund, it all depends on what and why.

qwikad.com, Apr 17, 2015 IP
  17. Nick PPC.BUZZ

Nick PPC.BUZZ Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Exactly. As I said, in case of a dispute the seller must prove that the service was provided or refund the payment. So, it's not completely true that you are not covered at all, as for digital goods.

Nick PPC.BUZZ, Apr 19, 2015 IP
  18. mairajassy

mairajassy Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think so it may in some cases where the hacking chances are very high ...

mairajassy, Apr 19, 2015 IP
  19. Blesta.Store

Blesta.Store Active Member

Best Answers:
    PayPal does give the customer money back if it's a digital good, we've had disputes even after they've got the license, and it depends who is on the end of the call. But you can't say "Intangible goods" if you are claiming against the vendor but if they have proof that you have been given it by emails / invoices you won't win it as a customer. Same with credit card chargebacks, if the vendor has proof that it was you and you got it, the customer is more likely to loose it and you win it. But it works both ways.

Blesta.Store, Apr 20, 2015 IP