1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice? i think...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Andrey Three-EM, Apr 27, 2015.

Ive recently started an experiential marketing and corporate events company, i know its not online marketing but a huge part of it is SEO and trying to get to the top of google.

I was employed by the biggest luxury goods company in the world with the opportunity to progress but i hated every single day i was there. I always dreamed of having a successful company or two and not having to answer to people. From my job i built up some experience with product launches and other aspects of experiential marketing so i thought i would go for it and use the relationships i built with some suppliers.

Now that ive started getting leads and building up my SEO is proving difficult. I want to know if anyone has advice for me on SEO and lead generation.

For SEO i have a blog (blog.three-em.com) and i have social media pages, like facebook, instagram, twitter and youtube. (some with with not very much activity). How can i improve this and really get more followers and presence?

For lead generation i currently use linkedin premium and i have recently got in touch with a company called anosales in india. They have sent me a sample list which im working on this week to see if i want to use them. Is there any other way i didnt know about to get more leads?

im also cold calling and doing cold calling 2.0 on all my leads to try and get a few clients.

Its all extremely stressful i very rarely give up with things like this and i will stick it out but any advice is appreciated. I have 1 meeting with a potential client but ofcourse this isnt enough for a business.

Andrey Three-EM, Apr 27, 2015 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I don't have a ton to suggest as it looks like you're moving in the right direction.

1. I'd concentrate on improving your blog if I were you. For what you're trying to accomplish the blog doesn't do any justice, as of now. Your blog should look like a million bucks if you plan to make it as a point of reference for your clients.

2. I'd refrain from using randomly purchased lists. You will waste A TON of your time with no or little ROI. Build your own list by reaching out to people with products or services that they will be interested in to try out. That way you will have a legit list with people who are already interested in your company.

And lastly focus on two, three things max. If you try to grow ten different things at once you will end up feeling discombobulated. I'd put those things in this order: 1. Improve your blog (better yet get a domain name and make a site out of it). 2. Grow your own list. 3. Use craigslist and backpage to reach folks locally.

qwikad.com, Apr 27, 2015 IP
  3. Andrey Three-EM

Andrey Three-EM Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks alot for the suggestions. i think i should have been clearer from the start i already have a Website alongside the blog, the website is three-em.com. the blog is blog.three-em.com. I would like to change and improve the blog and the website. Im happy to hear any suggestions you may have for the blog? With the website however the main thing that is stopping me from creating something 'a million bucks' is the lack of a portfolio and work to showcase. For example i would really like a website based on toolofna.com however i simply do not have the content that they do to share on it and because of copyright etc im stuck on that.

With the lists its not a random list that they are offering, what they offer is i request for example contact info for marketing people within the retail sector in the uk and they provide me with this info, they promise an at least 90% accuracy and i think this would be useful but ofcourse I am new and if others on here say that its all rubbish i will go back to finding this info myself. This was simply something i looked into because they were recommended to me by a company that uses them.

Although we do not use craigslist in the UK i think gumtree would be a good start to advertise locally.

Andrey Three-EM, Apr 27, 2015 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  4. masterbusiness

masterbusiness Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes your in the right direction. If you really want to grow then better work hard for it. You must update all of your social medias because they have the highest online users and most target clients are using it so you must update it. Try hiring some people for your marketing because that's seem your problem.

masterbusiness, Apr 29, 2015 IP
  5. Andrey Three-EM

Andrey Three-EM Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks masterbusiness. I feel like whats really holding me back is the lack of a portfolio and no one is willing to listen to me without the company having done any previous events.

Andrey Three-EM, Apr 29, 2015 IP
  6. Road2Sale

Road2Sale Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree about the blog - try guest bloggers, journalists etc. Back linking can get you on the top of Google faster than you think.
    Also - try to publish press releases and news articles about your business - this will get the attention of the leads - people believe everything that is written online and/or in a newspaper. Try radio adverts as well - they are generating quality leads. Basically, you don't need other clients in your portfolio - let your own presentation speak for what you can do.

Road2Sale, Apr 29, 2015 IP